Main Menu

New to the car resto world. Going to be starting '70 cuda aar

Started by garrettlmiller, May 11, 2020, 11:07:59 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Pretty cool that in the span of a month or so we have two new members who have very little experience owning and or restoring a muscle car, and they have a rare, very desirable 1970 AAR Cuda basically just fall in their laps, with little or no initial investment whatsoever.... :clapping:

These are cars that die hard Mopar gear heads sometimes never get the chance to own...  :pullinghair:

I wish them both the best of luck and will be following both projects along everyday with great anticipation  :drinkingbud: :popcorn:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

Welcome from Sweden!  :sweden:
You are in the right place, the best e-body forum in the world!
Will follow your resto.

chris NOS

7212Mopar

Car looks good from the picture. Does it really need to be fully restored or just do selective work out of necessity.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

anlauto

Quote from: 7212Mopar on May 12, 2020, 01:30:31 PM
Does it really need to be fully restored or just do selective work out of necessity.

....and there lies the first thing you have to decide :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Scooter

Quote from: anlauto on May 12, 2020, 01:36:38 PM
Quote from: 7212Mopar on May 12, 2020, 01:30:31 PM
Does it really need to be fully restored or just do selective work out of necessity.

....and there lies the first thing you have to decide :worship:

My vote has always been to get a car street-able first. Any car guys I know respect the amount of work it takes just to keep these older rods on the street. And it keeps your interest/motivation up when you can drive and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Good on you for taking up the hobby!

71vert340

I agree with @Scooter. I would get the needed work completed to drive it safely on the road. I'd fix the rest as time and money allows. I'd drive the wheels off of it in the mean time. Enjoy it.
Terry

71383bee

Wow!  What luck!  2 AAR inheritance cars in a month!  Those are bucket list mopars there and deserve to get reintroduced to the world. My hats off to you there and welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

usraptor

:welcome: from Utah.  Can't be said enough to take pictures of the same thing from several different angles as when you're trying to put something back together the one angle you need to see you won't have a picture of.  Also, bag and tag all parts, no matter how small and where they go.  Don't believe that you will remember where it goes, in most cases several years later.  Good luck and keep us posted and don't be afraid to ask questions as the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

FIAARMN

Welcome, I am much like you, new to the world of AAR and inherited as well. I will be following your build and hope you do the same in mine......  Its a great forum and all of the members have been wonderful...... I have learned so much already.....

I am not going to get into a full restoration, keeping it true to how uncle had it (all ready a restro mod version n the late 1990s), drove it and his vision for it...... stop by my thread..

https://forum.e-bodies.org/your-restoration-project-roseville-moparts/10/inherited-family-owned-1970-aar-limelight-build/15895/msg214676#new
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

FIAARMN

1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

garrettlmiller

Wow.  Laying in bed and I thought I'd check to see if anyone replied to my post.  Can't believe all the support this place has. 

I'll definitely get back to some of you guys but wanted to say thanks for all of the advice.  Believe me, I read every word. 

I'll take some more pictures and set up a progress thread when things get under way.  I'm still in the process of planning out my garage space (4 dump runs already, goodbye old possessions) and getting the necessary shop tools.

I'll probably send out some PMs to a couple of you guys within the week.  Shoutout to the other new guy!

Thanks everyone! :cheers:

cudamadd

Way too go the more people building these car ,the more mopars saved the better .  :cheers:

dodj

Welcome to the site! A very cool car to 'try your hand' at restoration. Looking forward to seeing it come back to life.
Beware, these cars have a way of destroying your budget plans.
:drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

anlauto

Quote from: garrettlmiller on May 13, 2020, 01:13:58 AM
I'll probably send out some PMs to a couple of you guys within the week.

No need for PM's this is a question and answer forum....we love to help....You can ask one question and get five different opinions  :grouphug: