Main Menu

For Sale 70 RT U Code FJ5 Thoughts

Started by Ebbs, February 28, 2018, 07:12:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

superdave

:thinking: I see this for $38,000 and then the '71 'Cuda on ebay for $25,000 (probably needing close to $10k in AMD metal not to mention paint) and this looks like a deal! But I guess if you do the work you KNOW what's under the paint. :dunno: I wish I had that decision to make, okay maybe not. Looks like a pretty tough market right now but there are probably deals out there. Diligence/patience pays off in the end.

Ebbs

Just reached a deal for $38k with the seller..will post more pics once I pick it up

Thanks Again for the help evaluating this car

Brad

anlauto

You can't compare a 1970 Challenger to a 71 Cuda.....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

xx88man

Congratulations on your new car Brad! You can be cruising in style this summer!    :stayinlane:
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Hey, that's awesome :clapping: Sometimes it's better to be looking at it...then looking for it :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

I seen the A/C as a negative, not because it was there but because it isn't there. If the A/C was all there (or not optioned with it for that matter) and operable it would go a long way to making his asking price in reason. Nothing says pile of junk more than an A/C car without the A/C, it really makes you look to see what else is missing and on this car there are a lot of things missing. I compare this one to the Red U-code just purchased by a fellow on Moparts, similiar price but the Red car had a whole lot more going for it IMO.
Sheldon

303 Mopar

Congratulations on getting a nice Chally!   :banana:

Cuda Cody

Fantastic!!!   :banana:  Congratulations on your new Challenger.    :clapping: 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on March 05, 2018, 07:12:26 AM

True.. I'd much rather have a 70 Challenger....

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on March 05, 2018, 09:41:38 AM
:haha:
True.. I'd much rather have a 70 Challenger....

GOOD !.....That leaves more 71 Cudas for me  :haha:

HP_Cuda

or any Cuda.... :haha:

Congrats on the purchase, I think the overseas deal was just a sales tactic. I sold one overseas and it's a minimum of 5k to get it shipped with always factors into the selling price.

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

blown motor

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 05, 2018, 08:14:04 AM
I seen the A/C as a negative, not because it was there but because it isn't there. If the A/C was all there (or not optioned with it for that matter) and operable it would go a long way to making his asking price in reason. Nothing says pile of junk more than an A/C car without the A/C, it really makes you look to see what else is missing and on this car there are a lot of things missing. I compare this one to the Red U-code just purchased by a fellow on Moparts, similiar price but the Red car had a whole lot more going for it IMO.

When we rebuilt the engine in my car we didn't put the A/C back in because it wasn't working and I didn't want to pay to get it working. It doesn't make the rest of my car junk and nothing else is missing.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Ebbs

Could have been a tactic, but I sold my prior car a u Code RT project to a guy from Sweden...Michigan based and $ from Sweden

Both parties are happy..While I may not have stole it overall the bones are good..

Brad

Cuda Cody

Good bones are half the battle in these cars these days.  Good color, nice options and a solid car.  You should be pretty excited!   :veryexcited:

bluespruce