Main Menu

71 'Cuda restoration

Started by Tunis, March 28, 2017, 04:24:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Absolutely Fantastic!    :slapme5: :wowzers: :cheers: :yes: :clapping:  :banana: :Thud:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

GCragtop

Very nice! Red with black top will look extremely nice.

Tunis

Thank you guys!

I have the car home now and it is sitting in the garage. I have to wait for two weeks before I do anything to allow the paint to cure properly.

@soundcontrol
QuoteWow, nice!!!!
Hope to see it live at some car show this summer.

Don't expect to see it this summer.  :( I don't have the time or the money to finish it this year. Still need to buy some big parts. Right now I hope it will be finished next year.

Chryco Psycho

:'(
Sad but understandable , good things take time , you will appreciate it when you gt it completed  :twothumbsup:

Shane Kelley

Looks outstanding!   :bradsthumb:   Better off not to rush final details.  It will be done before you know it.

Tunis

Happy new year everyone! It has been way too long since I updated this thread and it is time to write some more. Almost a year has passed since the car was painted and only minor work has been done to the body.

The shifter is rebuilt, didn't document that unfortunately.

Next up was the pedal assembly

Bolts cleaned up

And black oxide treated

Parts painted and ready to put back together again

Next up is the e-brake pedal assembly

And finished

Put sound damping in and installed the pedals

Also added wax to all frame rails, insides of doors, quarters and front fenders.

Time to build an engine for this car.

anlauto

I'm glad this Cuda is getting the restoration it deserves :worship: At one time I was hoping to make a deal on it with the former owner, but that never panned out...but it appears to be in excellent hands now  :drinkingbud: The component restoration of the parts looks great :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Tunis

Engine building time

Pistons, pins and rods.

Block secured.

Crank in place

Pistons going in

Head (Fully ported Stage V replacement head), rocker stand test mounted to check piston-to-valve clearance.

Both heads, rocker stands and shafts (Dechellis) ready to go on with ARP studs. Going with Stage V roller rockers.

Got a new phone so had to take some artistic photos (maybe not, but I tried), these rockers are too beautiful to hide under valve covers.

With everything this far, I could order some pushrods. These Manton three piece pushrods are really nice!

More pictures to come. Waiting for a ignition wire bracket to come, then I can paint the engine.

Tunis

Thanks Alan! Appreciate it!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Nice stuff: I love engine building.
Sheldon

Brads70

Just wow!  :worship: I just spent some time reading this entire thread. Somehow I missed it. Very nice workmanship! Very inspiring!  :bradsthumb:

Tunis

Topcat

Quote from: Tunis on January 11, 2020, 11:47:49 AM
Thank you guys!  :worship:

Engine looks great Tunis.

What diameter exhaust valve springs are you using?

Many aftermarket one's are wider and will rub on the the inside of OEM Valve covers.