Main Menu

74 Challenger Canadian Restoration

Started by daaboots, November 13, 2019, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

daaboots

nsmall

Thanks for sharing the pictures HP.  Hopefully that serves as some inspiration for others.

daaboots

daaboots

daaboots

This is the last video until the new one drops this week. Hope you can tune into the premiere on Nov 30th!

jimynick

To answer your question- hell no! Then we wouldn't get ANYTHING done- on the car! Enjoy!  ;)
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

daaboots

Next video goes LIVE this Saturday at 8pm (Eastern Time). I hope you folks tune into the show.

chargerdon

My Dear Lord in heaven...   I admire your grit and determination...  that was one rusted out challenger.   Since you are not using the engine or transmission, then maybe that car would have been better as being a parts car.  At least you have a garage full of all of the tools and equipment necessary, and obviously a lot of knowledge and skill for the restoration itself.   I could NEVER have pulled it off.. as i have neither the tools nor the expertise.     

I hope that in addition to the videos you are doing two things:
1) Keeping a full log of the hours that you are putting into it.
2) Keeping a full log of all of the parts and other costs that you are putting into it. 
So, that when it is fully done, you can say...here is the "cost" to do a full restoration.   Of course that depends on what dollar value per hour of labor as well.   Most restoration shops charge anywhere from $50 to $100 per hour (US).  My guess is that your going to have around a 1,000 hours which at even $50 hr, means it would "cost" $50,000 for the labor alone.   

I also have a 74 Challenger which i restored, but, it was no where near as far gone as yours.   Wow..

Anxious to see the end.   

jringo8769

Well I think no matter how much u have financially.. you have learned a valuable lesson on how much work this can be and we all have learned how a car that looked much better than we all found out when you stripped her down to her bones
You have done exceptionally well and with your great enthusiasm...i am sure you will finish out strong
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

daaboots

Thanks for the kind words  :slapme5:

I've been keeping all the receipts but I haven't been tracking my time. The car is rough, I know, but it's been a good learning experience so far. And when I finally finish this car, I'll have proven to myself that I can actually take on a huge project and finish it.

jringo8769

Quote from: daaboots on November 29, 2019, 01:33:21 PM
Thanks for the kind words  :slapme5:

I've been keeping all the receipts but I haven't been tracking my time. The car is rough, I know, but it's been a good learning experience so far. And when I finally finish this car, I'll have proven to myself that I can actually take on a huge project and finish it.
Well said
It is not what it costs in the end
It is what u learned along the way
Following this thread for sure
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

dodj

Nice!
Should be on Netflix.
"Ottawa Valley Restorers"

That guy in BC has a show, no reason why you shouldn't.  :drinkingbud:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

daaboots

Quote from: dodj on December 02, 2019, 11:09:38 AM
Nice!
Should be on Netflix.
"Ottawa Valley Restorers"

That guy in BC has a show, no reason why you shouldn't.  :drinkingbud:

Now that would be amazing!

Who's this BC fellow?

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

daaboots

Sorry I haven't kept up with the photos.. It's on my to-do list. I HAVE been putting a lot of time into the video series though, and I hope you can tune in this Friday night to watch!