Main Menu

74 Challenger Canadian Restoration

Started by daaboots, November 13, 2019, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

daaboots

Alright, I'm gonna try to get caught up on the photos. Next up was the passenger side frame rail. It's wasn't nearly as bad as the other side and I sorta kinda knew what to do this time around. I didn't get any pics of the finished job... looks pretty much the same as the other side!

daaboots

Figured at this point I might as well pull the engine. I drove the 318 and tranny back to my in-laws place and picked up the 440 block that he had kicking around.

daaboots

... and then it sat like that for 3 years  :bye:

daaboots

Next video goes live this Thursday! Hope you guys can tune in.

jringo8769

Did i miss something
This happened three years ago
Are u still working on this?
Are the videos old?
God Bless,John
Are u not working now on this?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

daaboots

Quote from: jringo8769 on February 04, 2020, 05:46:55 PM
Did i miss something
This happened three years ago
Are u still working on this?
Are the videos old?
God Bless,John
Are u not working now on this?

I took a break and just recently started working on the car again. I've been trying to get caught up with posting pictures (transferring over from CC) which is why you're seeing old pics posted up recently. All the videos I have been posting lately are new!

daaboots

Here's the link to the video going live tonight at 8pm!!

daaboots

Alright, I'm gonna try to get caught up with the photos. So after a 3 year break from the Challenger, I kicked the dust off the car about a year ago. But first, I had to get some nice photos to promote the video re-launch  ;)

daaboots

First order of business was to fix my first attempt at fixing the wheel housing and mini-tub it! With that done, I was finally able to install the quarter panel!!! Only took 4 years  :bricks:

Cuda Cody

daaboots

With a smidgen of confidence and restored self-esteem after gloating in my quarter panel accomplishment, I decided to jump over to the passenger side. Turns out it wasn't nearly as rotten as the driver side  :banana:

daaboots

I'm super proud of the patch I made for the pillar. Took a long time to get it fitted just right, well worth the effort. And if you remember from my last video, I ran into an issue with the trunk pan, so I finally got around to fitting the quarter panel on so I could mock up the trunk extension to see where I went wrong. Pretty sure I have that sorted out now. More pics and a video to follow soon!

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.