74 Challenger Canadian Restoration

Started by daaboots, November 13, 2019, 05:44:35 PM

Previous topic Next topic

daaboots

I have a roof!

daaboots

The roof is on  :banana:

daaboots

The rotten old floor pan is finally OUT!

ebodyproducts

Getting it out is the hard part. Gonna look nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E-Body Products
www.ebodyproducts.com
606-481-9014

daaboots

Slowly untangling the mess...

daaboots

Well I have the floor pan in for the most part. Still need to make some patches in the rear seat area and close up the openings I made to access the frame rails. The front section where it meets the firewall still needs a lot of work, as do the front rocker panels. It's getting there though, and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!  :cooldance:

daaboots

Car is back in the shop... it's BUILD SEASON!!

First order of business is dropping the K-Frame so I can start working on the firewall. Can't wait to start tearing into this old girl again!

daaboots

K-Frame is out! Those torsion bars were a bit of a pain. Work on the passenger side has begun. The firewall is a complete mess, and the frame rail is a bit more rusty than I thought. One piece at a time!

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Good to see progress.
No envy on having to go that deep in.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

daaboots

New video just went live on YouTube!

moparroy

Nice! Takes me back to the early days of my '74 Canadian Cuda restoration - and I am still working on the later stages years later.
I see your K-Frame has those two weird brackets sticking out of the front like mine does - from what I read this is on "some" '74s - not really sure what its for.
I had to do much of the same - patch up the firewall, replace inner fenders and patch or replace their brackets.

daaboots

Things just got serious again  :o
Now I just need my firewall to arrive from Taiwan...

daaboots

Next video is up on YouTube. I tackle the door jambs (is that what they're called?) along with a lower bulkhead on the passenger side.

anlauto

I love the Yamaha Enticer....I always wanted one back in the day... :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration