Main Menu

A.G.A.R. Reassembly Time...All done

Started by anlauto, March 09, 2017, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Making some decent progress....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Those seats look sooooooo much better then the other 71 Cuda seats.

anlauto

Quote from: Shoooter on March 22, 2017, 08:26:56 PM
:wowzers: that is used real Alan.  What's your favorite one you have restored so far?

Sorry I missed this comment earlier @Shoooter .....

If you just want to go for my favorite looking car, oddly enough it wasn't a 71 Cuda, my all time favorite....

It was this 70 Cuda.....every time I look at it I fall in love....something about the B5/B5 combo...shaker  4 speed Six Barrel.

Now the owner...that's a different story.... :-X
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Good looking car< For 71's I liked that FK5 one with no billboards you did that came from my home town.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 29, 2017, 07:47:57 AM
Good looking car< For 71's I liked that FK5 one with no billboards you did that came from my home town.

Roy's car came from your hometown ? I didn't realize that....He still has it, and I'm now doing his 70 V code Road Runner from out that way as well. Do you know that car too ? Do you know Roy Gelling ?

RUNCHARGER

No, I don't know him. What colour is the V-code Runner?
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 29, 2017, 09:27:12 AM
No, I don't know him. What colour is the V-code Runner?

B7 Blue...came out of a field somewhere. 4 speed, post, stripper car, taxi cab interior etc... http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/ROY-S-RUNNER.html

RUNCHARGER

No: I don't know that car either, boy is it ever clean though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Couple more hours today, glass adjusted, new vapour barriers installed and the interior buttoned up...

Cuda Cody

Shoooter

One day you will receive one of my cars!

soundcontrol

Vapor barriers, seen them on newer cars, didn't know we had them originally, (been none on the 7 e-bodies I had) I suppose they go in the doors also, what about behind the kick panels?

anlauto

All E Bodies should have them on doors and quarters...none under the kick panels  :alan2cents:

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on March 29, 2017, 06:21:19 PM
Couple more hours today, glass adjusted, new vapour barriers installed and the interior buttoned up...

When you put the carpet in, do you use any type of sticky material to hold it in place as you lay it down back to front to keep it from shifting around?  I found mine constantly moving after I trimmed the sides.

anlauto

I never had to use glue or sticky tape :dunno: The seat belts tend to hold it in place ... :alan2cents: