Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

So actually the wiring worked out well. I very carefully cut into the $2000 harness and removed all the major red feed wire. Because they were all soldered together in two splices, I was able to switch them around and head them in different directions. My old starter cable will now go in the car and be my main feed, etc.... Then I was able to re-tape it so the main bulk of the wiring can now enter the can in a more centered location. I have to cut a 2.5" hole in the firewall I figure.

Tim from FHO supplied the TTI exhaust which his lovely wife Adele dropped off at my shop today  :twothumbsup:

So I was also able to temporarily install the headers and the RMS front K-Frame with the steering rack....
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Swamp Donkey

Just curious.  What wiring harness are they using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

YellowThumper

Looking good there. Definitely a different step for you.
Here is a pic of hydroboost setup I put on mine a few years back.
Doubles the necessary power steering lines.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Smallblock340

Looks like an awesome project! Nice progress so far! :twothumbsup:
Maurice

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye E55 727A in Bright Blue Metallic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBG3SAJE_NQ

anlauto

Quote from: Smallblock340 on March 10, 2021, 03:35:52 AM
Looks like an awesome project! Nice progress so far! :twothumbsup:

Thank you....it's been a nice escape  8)

anlauto

Well here we go....you always remember your first....This is my first stab at a Gen III Hemi install ... so far so good...
Little tight at the back, but my heater hose idea worked out well.....Well not "MY" idea....but you know what :drunk: I mean

anlauto

Check this out.....ALL the wiring is inside the car along with the new PCM and power box that came with the 392.....and because I moved the Vintage Air over to the right quite a bit, they was enough room to tuck the PCM up and out of sight ! All the cables including the two power cables reached perfectly to where they had to go.  :) It's mounted with three bolts welded solid to the fire wall...

soundcontrol

Nice! Didn't know there was so much room behind the Vintage Air unit, is it gonna be hard to get to the PCM after everything is installed?

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on March 11, 2021, 02:41:06 PM
Nice! Didn't know there was so much room behind the Vintage Air unit, is it gonna be hard to get to the PCM after everything is installed?

YUP...1000% for sure...there is NO WAY to access the PCM without a major disassembly ... :fingerscrossed: you never have to access it  :headbang:

The PCM "just" fits there, maybe 1/4" between the two, and it's no where near the heater core section of the box., if anything the box will be running cold with the AC blasting during the Summer months. :thinking:

HP_Cuda

Two questions Alan.

How are you going to put the 2/3 speed wiper on? and

So much for putting the firewall insulation eh?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

anlauto

Quote from: HP_Cuda on March 15, 2021, 08:14:38 AM

Two questions Alan.

How are you going to put the 2/3 speed wiper on? and

So much for putting the firewall insulation eh?

Thanks for the question @HP_Cuda ....

I'll be using the factory 3 speed wiper set-up on this car, the fitment of the motor is no issue at all. This beauty was purchased from member YYZ then sent to member SF-Resto for the artwork you see here.

Firewall insulation will be a combo of Dynamat and I think I can use some of the factory "shoddy pad" that I bought from DMT  :bigthumb:  Also looking at that thicker Dyna - mat stuff

anlauto

In that picture the back of the engine will actually move forward a bit when I raise the transmission into it's final resting place. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Pretty much done the mock-up as far as I'm going to go.
Two more things I want to tackle before I take the engine out, and that a cold air intake system anf mounting the shaker bubble, both of which I'm still waiting for parts. Got a mass of hoses with the power steering and AC lines taking up the same area with a ground strap as well. You can see I'm going with a "black" theme  8)

In the mean time I thought I would put all the body panels together in one pile and get it ready to go to the body shop. I like to assemble everything so I know they have all the parts including all the hardware that needs to get painted...

Brads70

Looking good Alan! Where did you source your black AC hose ends? Or did you just paint them?  At some point this summer I'll be doing the A/C lines on my Javelin project and like the looks of the black over the natural .