Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Swamp Donkey

Alan, it looks like cipher makes brackets for 1970-74 challengers.  This is not the ones you got with your seats I'm assuming with all the modifications you made to your seat tracks.  https://cipherauto.com/products/cipher-auto-racing-seat-bracket-dodge-challenger
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on May 24, 2021, 04:41:18 PM
Alan, it looks like cipher makes brackets for 1970-74 challengers.  This is not the ones you got with your seats I'm assuming with all the modifications you made to your seat tracks.  https://cipherauto.com/products/cipher-auto-racing-seat-bracket-dodge-challenger

Yes, my customer failed to purchase those, so I did just work with the tracks that came with the seats, and an original set as mentioned. I saw those after the fact of course :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on May 24, 2021, 03:42:11 PM
I notice on the pictures of the gauges and switches that the top and bottom silver lines don't line up on the gauge and switch bezels, the gauge bezel being higher by about the thickness of the line. My 74 is the same way. Were most of the dashes like this?

I fought with that for awhile, but gave up. My excuse was the fact I used an original gauge housing and a reproduction corner housing, they didn't fit together that well on the bench, never mind in the dash...With the reproduction corner piece, I had to drill the top two mounting holes as well...that could have caused the tiny difference in alignment you see :rubeyes: :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on May 24, 2021, 05:27:40 PM
Quote from: blown motor on May 24, 2021, 03:42:11 PM
I notice on the pictures of the gauges and switches that the top and bottom silver lines don't line up on the gauge and switch bezels, the gauge bezel being higher by about the thickness of the line. My 74 is the same way. Were most of the dashes like this?

I fought with that for awhile, but gave up. My excuse was the fact I used an original gauge housing and a reproduction corner housing, they didn't fit together that well on the bench, never mind in the dash...With the reproduction corner piece, I had to drill the top two mounting holes as well...that could have caused the tiny difference in alignment you see :rubeyes: :headbang:

Maybe you could put a shim on the screws on the housing to bring it down some? How little it is, still would drive me nuts, right in drivers view.   :alan2cents:

anlauto

I agree, I will likely revisit it when I get a moment...personally I don't think it's that "far" off, I've seen a lot worse...

dodj

Quote from: anlauto on May 20, 2021, 05:41:47 AM
Quote from: dodj on May 20, 2021, 04:13:41 AM
Looking good Alan :bigthumb:

How did you clean up the ashtray interior? Mine looks like crap from smokers in the 70's.

Just sent it out with other parts to be glass beaded, then used a spray bomb to paint it. TONY offers a nice properly plated replacement ashtray, but that wasn't too high on the priority list for this type project.

Thanks Alan :bigthumb:
It wasn't a night priority for me either,  until I put the estopp button there.  Now I open it frequently... and see a used, crusty ash tray.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Swamp Donkey

Back on post #108 you mentioned you assembled the electric fan shroud for the frostbite radiator.  Is that a 3 or 4 core radiator and do you have a part number for the fan/shroud kit.  I'm thinking I will get the 4 row radiator.  Holley and google are not being cooperative for a part number for the shroud kit for a Frostbite FB701 radiator.
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Quote from: Swamp Donkey on May 27, 2021, 10:02:19 PM
Back on post #108 you mentioned you assembled the electric fan shroud for the frostbite radiator.  Is that a 3 or 4 core radiator and do you have a part number for the fan/shroud kit.  I'm thinking I will get the 4 row radiator.  Holley and google are not being cooperative for a part number for the shroud kit for a Frostbite FB701 radiator.

@Swamp Donkey My customer bought both through Summit Racing, the FB701 radiator and the FB502H https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fbr-fb502h

anlauto

Week 25 ....Only 175 days since I picked up this car and the guys at Saunders Customs are moving right along, wanting to paint the roof before it comes off of the rotisserie.
So here it is in first black base, then with a clear top coat. Now the roof will be sanded with 800 grit to prep for the vinyl top. (When I find one :pullinghair:)
Roof is nice and straight now considering all the dents it had :twothumbsup:

Up next is all the jambs, engine & trunk compartment etc...then it goes back on my cart...I think, or it goes on the cart first  :dunno: :D

BFM_Cuda

Steady progress.... gotta like that.   :ohyeah:

anlauto

Quote from: BFM_Cuda on May 29, 2021, 05:14:23 PM

Yea, but I think the lack of a vinyl top will prevent me from finishing the car on time. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Swamp Donkey

What other items are there long waiting times and back ordered?  I heard dashes are in short supply.  Anything else off the top of your noggin?
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

76orangewagon

Quote from: anlauto on May 29, 2021, 05:49:42 PM
Quote from: BFM_Cuda on May 29, 2021, 05:14:23 PM

Yea, but I think the lack of a vinyl top will prevent me from finishing the car on time. :crying: :crying: :crying:

I guess you or "your customer" never called B/E & A Restoration Parts (like I mentioned over a month ago). Mike said he sold the Wide seam vinyl top he had last week to a customer overseas. I assume that didn't mean Canada unless overseas mean's Lake Erie. Sounds like an missed opportunity to get the car done on time.

anlauto

anlauto

Back in black....Plan is Raptor liner for the wheel wells and underneath...
Otherwise she's looking sweet...