Main Menu

A.G.A.R. This just in....THE END !

Started by anlauto, December 05, 2020, 01:26:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Challenger in NC

The black paint looks nice and it is a nice departure from the typical colors you see them wear. However, its an unforgiving color.

anlauto

I'm glad I will only have to keep it clean until the customer picks it up  :haha:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

soundcontrol

My SRT is black, looks great for about an hour after I wash it!  :D
And I'm still going with black on the convertible...

Challenger in NC

Quote from: anlauto on June 04, 2021, 02:04:34 PM
I'm glad I will only have to keep it clean until the customer picks it up  :haha:

That and the fact that every little ding and scratch scream for attention.

anlauto

Rolled it out into the sun today to have a look...WoW :drooling: I'm impressed so far and it still has to be polished... These are new guys that I'm using, and I'm very please so far... :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

usraptor

Looks really great! :perfect10:  Nothing like a black Chally or Cuda.  :banana:

Swamp Donkey

How much clearance is there between the electric fans on the rad and the water pump? Does that car have an electric water pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

The water pump is factory belt driven. I don't have an exact measurement for you, but I would describe it as "tons of room" :alan2cents:

anlauto

These pictures are just for @cuda hunter  ;) Go ahead and try to decode these suckers... :rofl:

This is what happens when you leave it up to your customer to lay-out the fender tags and tell them there's no real rules when it comes to "resto-mods" :drunk:

Special thanks to AG Backeast, I'm sure they got a kick out of these... :bravo:

cuda hunter

Wow!  That is quite the fender tag!  I'll try to decode it later after work. That has a ton of information about the car, even the builder is on it!   Pretty freakin cool !! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Won't be long now....

Swamp Donkey

Oh my!  Would you like to come live in my shop for 28 weeks please.  I have two different kind of cheese in my beer fridge!
1973 Cuda. 340 4 speed.

anlauto

Just ship your car here and make nice easy monthly payments... :bigmoney: :haha: :haha: :haha:

moparcar

Great build Alan!
Do you have any progress pictures or details of the grill restoration? I'm building a very similar 71 and would love to see your process on the grill resto.

Thanks, Wes

anlauto

Quote from: moparcar on June 25, 2021, 06:18:45 PM
Great build Alan!
Do you have any progress pictures or details of the grill restoration? I'm building a very similar 71 and would love to see your process on the grill resto.

Thanks, Wes

Sorry, no real detail pics of the process....I drilled out the rivets of the two large snorkels and removed them, and lot of hand sanding and masking... :dunno: Some dull aluminum and flat black paint, then riveted the parts back together...✌