Main Menu

Inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight Build

Started by FIAARMN, April 23, 2020, 05:42:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FIAARMN

the shifter boot, just don;t have the trim for around it........

1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

JS29

Tony sells new ashtray inserts @TONY  is a site sponsor. 

FIAARMN

No a whole lot happening... still waiting on the carbs!!!! :wrenching:
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: FIAARMN on May 27, 2020, 10:05:51 PM
No a whole lot happening... still waiting on the carbs!!!! :wrenching:

You ordered them May 6th & still don't have then on the 27th?  21 days? Three Weeks?  From Watsonville less than 75 miles away?  I'd be considering taking a drive.... :alan2cents:

FIAARMN

still waiting.... Lol

He is getting to them, I am sure they will be well worth the wait......

FIAARMN

Not a whole lot going on, since I am selling my house and moving soon.

We did get the pieces to fix the drivers window crank..... We got most of the interior done and gettign ready for all new fuel lines and aa clean tank......

FIAARMN

found out some additional info on the car.....   got introduced to uncles best friend growing up..... he had a orange dodge rt 440 and him and uncle worked on each others cars.

He told me that the original block, when put back in the car had been gone through, and they added a purple cam......  He wasn't too sure about the rest but said the car had headers at one point, but now it ha the stock exhaust manifolds.

Chryco Psycho

FIAARMN

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 26, 2020, 10:05:29 PM
No carbs yet ?

Nope, good thinks come to those who wait......  If you have seen his carbs, and know about them, you would know why...... Had to get in line.......  my turns about up!!!!!!

anlauto

How about your windshield trim, have you had a chance to get that figured out ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FIAARMN

Quote from: anlauto on June 28, 2020, 05:47:12 AM
How about your windshield trim, have you had a chance to get that figured out ?

I have not yet........ I want to order the removal tool first....

FIAARMN

I got the drivers side window mechanism fixed and got the elbow pads/rest on the doors back on as well. Will be putting the door panel on tomorrow or Sunday.

I am ordering the drill piece for priming the oil pump soon and will be dropping the tank to clean it and remove the old gas.

challengermaniac

Excellent thread and your appreciation of all of the help from the team here is acknowledged although just so you know, we are the fortunate ones to have someone like you sharing your uncles car and history along with the build with us!   
This is a big reason this site exists. 
So, Thank You!
1970 Challenger Convertible EB5

YellowThumper

Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

FIAARMN

Hello all, been awhile since I posted......

As you all know I orders carbs because the center carb was missing, well... the carbs I ordered are not in yet.... COVID delayed.

Great news, I was contacted by family, and the center carb was found..... we should have it shipped out to us next week....  It was in a box, at the estate and tucked in a box in uncles laundry room with a rebuild receipt.....  this explains why the center carb was off.

So with the window fixed, door panels on........  the glove box on, the shifter boot and the motor turned over by hand..... the following list will be done soon, I hope

1) Old fuel out
2) new fuel lines
3) new filter
4) new plugs, wires and cap
5) manually prime oil pump
6) fresh fuel
7) carbs on
8) battery
9) fire her up
10) Oil change

Getting excited, but afraid my move from my house will delay my ambition