Inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight Build

Started by FIAARMN, April 23, 2020, 05:42:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Awesome that you found the original center carb for it !!  :bradsthumb:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FIAARMN

yes, you can say I was jumping up and down in joy that it was found and to know the center carb will be here soon......   :veryexcited:
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

anlauto

So what's the plan now, did you cancel the order you had for the other carbs ? Just going to go with the set your uncle had planned on ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1 Wild R/T

I'd start looking at cancelling those carbs, PayPal has a time limit, after that they won't help you... This guy has had way more that enough time to get you your carbs...
You advertise something for sale you damn well better be be ready to sell it... Not string the buyer along till PayPal won't do anything...

HP_Cuda

What a story!!! Thought I'd drop a note from the few Ebody guys in Calif.

I have a huge lot coming up for sale that I want to get rid of and you might be interested in some of it.

You staying in state or moving out?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

FIAARMN

Dropped off the two outer carbs to a local builder.... he is rebuilding them...... Calling the custom carb builder we hired for the set (yet to have them)  promised 2 months, it has been 3..... Hope I can cancel if I do not hear good news tomorrow.

Hope to have it running by the end of the month!!!
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

FIAARMN

Ok, finally got to do some work today.....

1) Pulled Distributor and primed the pump for the 1st time
2) Pumped and emptied the fuel, very little in it
3) Put new Fuel Lines On
4) New Mechanical Fuel Pump
5) Picked up the carbs from the local builder who rebuilt the outer carbs
6) He checked the center carb (all is good) as you know we found it recently with rebuild paperwork
7) Added a battery. No brake Likes, All other lights work. Door Buzzer and dash lights good

I'll have a few questions after I post picks for all of you

Well, it appears the tank is rather new and been replaced.... there was maybe 1/4 of a gallon in the tank.

Then we added the new fuel pump...

After some other stuff got the dist off and shaft and gear out, primed the pump for the 1st time...

Good news, the oil pressure gauges came alive during priming

FIAARMN

So with the battery in........ Couple questions

Headlights, taillights work,,,,, cluster lights good, Door buzzer and dome light good.

Where do I start for the brake lights?

Next, see pic attached. These wires are not plugged into anything. Can you tell me where to start with them  or some of your thoughts, or if you know?

FIAARMN

Here is the pick of the rebuilt carbs......... just sitting on the intake.......  going to probably get them installed in the next couple of days, get the linkage hooked up and the fuel rail done.

Chryco Psycho

Brakes a re fairly easy , power goes into the brake light switch [pink wire ] then into the turnsignal switch [white wire ]  then out to each taillight & out to individual taillights  dark brown & green IIRC , there is a plug behind the drivers kick panel to the rear that can be a problem also .
the wire behond the booster could be one of the reverse light wires 2 for 4 spd & 3 for auto , could also be the clutch start switch ground from the start relay .

anlauto

Those two wires in your hand plug together, they are for the dash reverse light. The round tube connector by your thumb is for the road lamp wire :alan2cents:

RUNCHARGER

Good progress, this should be firing up pretty quick.
Sheldon

FIAARMN

Got all new Bolts for the carbs......

Looking for a fuel rail now, anybody have a suggestion?

Looking to start it by Saturday!!!