Main Menu

Marty's 73 Project

Started by Marty73, September 08, 2020, 10:39:08 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Marty73

She's Home! Reassembly starts after Christmas. It's not perfect, my sail panels have a few waves (guess my body work wasn't as good as i thought). But the painter did a fantastic job, just what I asked him for. Very happy with my 10 footer!

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Brads70

Looks great! Makes me smile seeing it!  Enjoy adding all the "jewelry " to the new/old girl!  :bradsthumb:

jimynick

So, I've got to know; what happened about the header that I see in your freshly painted car? The colour looks good and, as mentioned, the addition of the trim will only improve that. Take off your belt/buckle when you're leaning over the new paint! LOL  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Marty73

So I actually had another one that wasn't in near as good of shape, the paint guy said he could fix it (he did do a pretty good job)That's what's on the car. It's not perfect but it's okay. The one that got stolen was in much better shape/almost perfect.

Speaking of which
The thief has been arrested
The paint shop actually has surveillance video of him taking the stuff
Police told him not to expect to get anything back

So if, on the off chance they do recover the part, I get it back (my guess the thief probably dumped it)
Once the insurance settles out , I may get a couple hundred from the paint guy.

But I don't think I'm going to get anything but the extra labor he put in on the old header panel I had. Kinda of a no win for me I guess
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

jimynick

So they've got video of the thief and he's been caught and is known? Maybe a late night visit to Brer Thief with your old friends Smith and Wesson could help him to remember what he did with that header?  :thinking:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

nsmall

Looking great.  Have fun putting the final touches on the 73. :bradsthumb:

Marty73

This thing was a hell of a lot easier to take apart then put back together!

Progress pic's

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

anlauto

Quote from: Marty73 on January 03, 2021, 02:22:54 PM

Progress pic's

Yeah...but it's more fun putting them back together with the finish line in sight, looking good  :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YellowThumper

Quote from: Marty73 on January 03, 2021, 02:22:54 PM

Progress pic's
Yes they are...
Helps if you have lots of pics.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Marty73

This months progress on re-assembly

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Marty73

Exterior done except for the hood decal. September 2021 progress
1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Marty73

Just an update on my main restoration thread thread, in the last 6 months have gotten most of the electrical straightened out. Now have lights, turn signals, etc. Replaced fuel tank and sending unit. Put all the hard panels in the interior.

Last two weeks, with the forums help have managed to pull the steering box (tomorrow the new one goes in).

Once the steering is fixed the only thing after that to be street legal is a windshield and license plate. I'm down right giddy about maybe driving this car on the open road for the first time in 15 years this spring!

You guys have been great with all my stupid questions! Maybe I'll finally get to meet some of you at some cruise ins this year!!!

Sent from my iPlay_40 using Tapatalk

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack

daaboots

Looks great! I really like that color  :twothumbsup:

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Marty73

Just posting the latest picture of todays drive. Went about 50 miles to/from work without much issue. Not saying there aren't still problems, but it sure was nice to just take a drive.

I do wish I had AC though!

1973 Challenger
2022 Wrangler Sahara
2021 Charger Scat Pack