Main Menu

My AAR project

Started by 6Pack70, November 06, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Wow, fantastic work.

6Pack70

Thanks guys  :)  I won't have the engine done until late fall into winter Alan, and a good friend of mine would like to borrow those body dollies as soon as possible.   He's helped me out a ton, so I'll get the suspension on and get those dollies over to him.  I have the stand for the engine, trans, K frame and suspension but I'm ok with doing it the non-assembly line way.  Done it many times since the 80's with no problems.  Just gotta be careful.   

Mymcodebee

Great detail work!!!  Keep pics coming! 

Go weld up another set of dollies for your buddy and keep that baby on casters.  I'm heading to garage right now to build our third engine cradle. Just to easy to put the whole assemble in within 5 minutes.  👍👍

Great car!!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

or just drop the K frame when the engine is ready to go in , faster & easier then putting it in from the top

6Pack70

I might actually do just that.  Only takes maybe an extra hour to set it up when I'm ready and slip it under the car.   :bigthumb:

1 Wild R/T

If you plan to drop it later don't fully seat the ball joint tapers...

6Pack70

Excellent point... that would suck breaking those apart just to reinsatll them a half hour later lol.     Thanks for the tip.  :cheers:

anlauto

If you're not moving the car around a lot, you can even put blocks of wood between the frame rail and the LCA and don't bother installing the torsion bars :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Chryco Psycho

Quote from: 6Pack70 on May 05, 2019, 06:20:00 AM
I might actually do just that.  Only takes maybe an extra hour to set it up when I'm ready and slip it under the car.   :bigthumb:

It is seriously the best way to install it , you can have everything on the engine carbs , wiring , fan,  exhaust manifolds , no need to lean over the fenders , except to plug in wiring & attach throttle cable , far less chance of damage !

6Pack70

Definitely the right way and I'm going to just leave the front suspension snugged up. Not real tight at all. That way its off the body dollies.   Build the engine in the fall and put it on the fixture with the K frame and trans.  Then I'll lift the front up and slide the entire sub-assembly under.   :bigthumb:

YellowThumper

Not to beat :deadhorse:
With all the discussions on many different forums that is the way to go safely.
I have zero help regarding everything I do on my car. In my head I can envision how it will work in stages all alone and safely.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

6Pack70

Couple updated pics. Decided to just drop the engine in topside.    I know, I know...underneath is better.  In my case, its just gonna work out better for me next spring to install engine and trans topside.  Done it many times without incident.   

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

Details look fantastic on this project  :drooling: