Main Menu

My next project????

Started by Cudajason, April 30, 2022, 05:32:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

I guess I found my next project.

I noticed my rear wheel studs are in pretty bad shape today.

I was thinking of redoing the wheel bearings and putting new rear gears in this summer, but was not sure. The rear end has never been touched since I have owned the car (31 years now) Now I think I will do it and add new studs. Better check the front too! 

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

dodj

Well, you can replace the studs pretty easy in an afternoon. Save the diff for next winter.  :alan2cents:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GrandpaKevin

I would pick up some open end lug nuts and use longer and stronger studs. :alan2cents:

Cudajason

Quote from: dodj on April 30, 2022, 07:10:50 PM
Well, you can replace the studs pretty easy in an afternoon. Save the diff for next winter.  :alan2cents:

yeah fair...I may wait.

I may just pull the trigger too, only because my garage is so small, I am not sure I can pull the axles with the car in the garage.  So if I have all the parts, and can pull it out in the driveway and get it done in a weekend.

Quote from: GrandpaKevin on April 30, 2022, 07:31:37 PM
I would pick up some open end lug nuts and use longer and stronger studs. :alan2cents:

That will now work with my wheels!!!

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.