Main Menu

PINK AAR CUDA

Started by HEMICUDA, April 15, 2020, 09:25:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

YellowThumper

Well...
I was sucked into this again...
Firs time reading into thread and then boom the same load of crap again.
Will throw into the hat that I also was one of the complainers to the mods.
Learning and admiring is what these forums are for. Arrogance at that level is just that. Arrogance.  What gets lost with that level of A... is that the remainder of us on these forums can actually think and reach a conclusion for ourselves.
I for one have. With that is also decision to move on from it.
Last point on his "greatness". I HAVE avoided his threads for this same reason. What good is the info if one is afraid to enter the door. Because of exactly this.
Cody and mods are doing a fantastic job on this site.
Neutral point is the most difficult point to maintain as there WILL be unhappy on both sides.
I for one will embrace, help and thank those who remain "neutral" on this site. Have chosen long ago to avoid persons and talent that is destructive. Constant (even subtle) digs are destructive. Ironically they do not serve their purpose anyway.
Cars are the universal language.
Time to return to that "neutral" language.
Damn I wished I didn't look into this thread...
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Jim AAR

Quote from: 76orangewagon on May 23, 2020, 05:34:32 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on May 23, 2020, 04:30:08 AM

I just don't understand the logic.  Its like burning libraries.

The logic is quite simple...if you don't want specific people (or group) benefiting from your hard work and extensive research then you take away there reference material, unfortunately for all the other people like yourself and countless others they also loose that material. I am trying to build a very authentic day one car as far as date codes and factory paint daubs/ marks that are specific only to my car,
   I see builds with 4 k frames/suspensions, and they all have exactly the same paint daubs..and then they make fun of someone else's build because there incorrect....news flash Einstein..so are yours they all didn't come with the  same marks in the same location. Another example is my car has silver/aluminum paint marks on the Torsion bars placed at a specific measured distance from the end and are unique to my 778/779 340 bars, I see them being copied on non 778/779 bars and in the wrong location...why ? 
My issue with all of this is other people trying to look for accurate information to add marks to their car and come cross incorrect information and copy it again and the cycle continues.   I realize inspection marks and correct day one builds are not for the majority of people and it may seem damaging or childish to some and to the majority of people I am sorry, you were just collaterral damage. These are just a few more reasons of why I deleted my thread...but like I said earlier I was tired of the subtle jabs and insults trying to be disguised as questions and I got tired of them, regardless of Mike being banned for what he did I had several conversation with him prior to this saying " I'm thinking about deleting my thread or I wish I hadn't got so detailed in it". so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.   

My 1970 AAR had Orange markings (No Silver anywhere) on the Torsion bars and also on the torsion bar crossmember, maybe he misplaced his Silver marker and used whatever he could find that day LOL, from what i remember, i had more Orange markings on the undercarriage, just can't remember where they were when I cleaned up the undercarriage 35 years or so ago, i also found some Orange markings on the Interior floor boards and a green marking on the front passenger side. Very few assembly line markings are in the EXACT same place from my experience if they are even there at all. So in my opinion ANY markings unless found on the car being restored and replicated on the restoration will EVER be 100% accurate. It's akin to believing that everything you see on the internet is true.