Main Menu

PINK AAR CUDA

Started by HEMICUDA, April 15, 2020, 09:25:56 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 28, 2020, 08:46:10 PM
sorry for the cheesy graphic, but it's all I could think of  :vipermanhiding:

Cheesy? Maybe.. Appropriate? Absolutely!!! I was wondering too... A little personalizing artwork is cool by me...

JS29

That hole car will be art work!

RUNCHARGER

Thank you for posting the pics Ross.
Sheldon

JS29

@76orangewagon  Do you have any more updates on the pink AAR? I have also noticed no more updates on your gorgeous 71. how is the car doing, are you still waiting for parts.  :popcorn:

76orangewagon

Quote from: JS29 on May 21, 2020, 11:14:42 AM
@76orangewagon  Do you have any more updates on the pink AAR? I have also noticed no more updates on your gorgeous 71. how is the car doing, are you still waiting for parts.  :popcorn:

Updates...Sure, I have lots of updates but I can't post any of the pictures here per the builders request ...there out there just not here.

You probably don't see any updates of my 71 because I deleted the entire build thread...I'm surprised it took a month before any noticed or asked...but then again with the lack of return input I got..maybe I'm not surprised. I will continue to help individuals if I can and if I actually know what I'm not talking about and not just throw random comments out.  I deleted my thread mainly because of the handling of Mike Ross and his comments...he asked to have his ban lifted so he could delete all the photo's but wasn't given the opportunity. I also noticed that many of the true professionals that are in the business either don't comment anymore or haven't joined because of the individuals that drive not only this site but others down and they don't get caught up in drama...Jim from JS Restorations is one that comes to mind.
So to avoid getting caught up in anymore Drama and subtle digs on the way I did things with my build,  I decided to delete it.
Thanks JS29 for asking about my build and to answer your question...No,  I'm not waiting on anymore parts..the car runs and drives and between the rain drops here in Ohio has seen some time in the sunshine.

JS29

@76orangewagon Thank you for the update! First congratulations on getting your car done!!  :ohyeah: Secant Mike was band for a month, was my understanding. so i take it he will be deleting this thread and we won't get to see anymore of this restoration!  :crying: I did tag jim-slotts to no avail, more than once. Go figure.   :no:   

76orangewagon

Quote from: JS29 on May 22, 2020, 11:48:38 AM
@76orangewagon Thank you for the update! First congratulations on getting your car done!!  :ohyeah: Secant Mike was band for a month, was my understanding. so i take it he will be deleting this thread and we won't get to see anymore of this restoration!  :crying: I did tag jim-slotts to no avail, more than once. Go figure.   :no:

Mike ban became indefinite when he refused to not call out specific people for giving incorrect information..lets face it Mike called a spade a spade and had no problem throwing the BS flag when people claimed to be experts and there work did not live up to the snake oil they were selling. Regardless If you Liked  Mike or not ...he would help anyone that needed his help..I saw first hand while visiting the shop off and on for several months how he helped install pigtail for free for people regardless if you bought parts off him or not... ship stuff for free to overseas hobbyists just to help them out. This reminds me of business where you get rid of your top performers not for what they do but what they say and the Bosses son (who isn't as smart as he thinks he is) gets to come to work everyday and then wonder why your business is starting to fail.

JS29

@76orangewagon  Well now we know that he won't be back. Neal said we were loosing members, Thank you for clearing that up.  :( I will miss seeing the technical way he finds on improving processes.  :bye:     

larry4406

Quote from: 76orangewagon on May 22, 2020, 11:19:36 AM
Quote from: JS29 on May 21, 2020, 11:14:42 AM

Updates...Sure, I have lots of updates but I can't post any of the pictures here per the builders request ...there out there just not here.

You probably don't see any updates of my 71 because I deleted the entire build thread...I'm surprised it took a month before any noticed or asked...but then again with the lack of return input I got..maybe I'm not surprised. I will continue to help individuals if I can and if I actually know what I'm not talking about and not just throw random comments out.  I deleted my thread mainly because of the handling of Mike Ross and his comments...he asked to have his ban lifted so he could delete all the photo's but wasn't given the opportunity. I also noticed that many of the true professionals that are in the business either don't comment anymore or haven't joined because of the individuals that drive not only this site but others down and they don't get caught up in drama...Jim from JS Restorations is one that comes to mind.
So to avoid getting caught up in anymore Drama and subtle digs on the way I did things with my build,  I decided to delete it.
Thanks JS29 for asking about my build and to answer your question...No,  I'm not waiting on anymore parts..the car runs and drives and between the rain drops here in Ohio has seen some time in the sunshine.

Man I am sad to see you deleted your thread and all the pictures!!!  Epic thread and detail thereof.  I had book marked it for my 71 resto. :(

cuda hunter

Yeah, that really sucks the thread was erased.  Also sucks that Mike is gone.  Valuable asset lost.  Too bad everyone can't just get over it. 
All that info will be missed.  Thanks for when it was available. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

dodj

Glad you are enjoying your car on the asphalt.  :burnout:

You did a great job!!!  :ohyeah:

Maybe post up a pic of it out in the sunlight?

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

cudamadd

I sometimes think to my self that I can talk to much . BUT now I find that I am lost for words with the build of this car . What a master piece  . This is why we get up out of bed every morning to admire such beauty  . Thank god I found this forum  :australia:

Cuda Cody

HemiCuda (Mike) contacted moderator Spikedog at his place of employment (he tracked down where SpikeDog works) and when SpikeDog wasn't available to talk, HemiCuda (Mike) got SpikeDog's cell phone number and started antagonize him through text messages.  HemiCuda (Mike) crossed a line when he contacted a moderator at work.  It's NEVER okay to mess with a man's income that he needs to provide for his family.  HemiCuda (Mike) brought the online disagreement to SpikeDog's work.  There is no way to justify those actions.  I immediately adjusted the 30 day ban to indefinitely.

I notified HemiCuda (Mike) that his ban will be removed when I have his word that he will not cause any more drama.  At this point the ban is only as long as he wants it to be.  If he gives me his word that he will not cause any drama with any other members or moderators (that includes not contacting people at their place of employment or sending unwanted texts), then the ban can be removed right away.  If I do not have his word, there's no reason to remove the ban. 

As for removing photos or deleting posts, that's 100% on the members that post the photos.  The true intrinsic value of our posts, info and photos is the ability to help others and increase the level of restorations and enjoyment of these cars.  IMO, removing ones own posts is a needlessly self-destructive over-reaction in an effort to purse revenge that actually damages oneself more than who they might be angered at.  Removing posts and photos only strengthens the person that they believe to be their competition by, removing competition.  If there's no photos and posts from members who think they can do better, then new members only see what is posted. 

Chryco Psycho

AS usual I can see both sides of this situation -
I agree with Cody that Mike overstepped by contacting & antagonizing moderators at work or home , this is not cool or tolerated & I am sure this makes sense to members here .
On the other side Mike takes restoration to a far higher level & calls a spade a spade like it or not !
Personally I do Not want my reputation tainted by being seen as supporting or endorsing poor or dishonest work by members here either .
I am in no way comfortable supporting or being seen to support Poor workmanship or dishonesty ! I Have also considered deleting my account because of this .
For now I have chosen to stay & help the people I can help in anyway I can either adding content here , sending PMs , phoning you personally or even flying in & doing the work as I have done for many people in the past .
There are truths & misinformation on both sides of this sadly.
This whole situation makes me very sad as it has done irrepairable damage to this site we have worked so hard to build .

cuda hunter

thanks for clearing the air.   :drinkingbud:
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee