Rebel's Fix Thread

Started by rebelyell, June 04, 2017, 09:49:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Chevy site code !
Ban Him  :verymad:

All good , they are just tracking members here buying from them

Cuda Cody

Thanks for letting me know.   I will look in to it and get the discount code fixed asap. 

rebelyell

Haha! I tried using ebodies and it wouldn't work. ebodfrm or something like it worked for me.

Is a clutch fan really that much better than an electric? I understand the energy loss/no HP gain, etc. I'm not doing it for the cooling as I know the fan only runs when there's not enough airflow over the radiator. I don't like the way a clutch fan looks or sounds when it's roaring at startup.

I'm getting the impression that extra load on the old electrical probably isn't good for it and everyone would rather put on a $30 clutch and it work just fine.  I'm kinda leaning that way now that I have other parts to buy. You know what? Screw it. I'll get a clutch from summitt.

Cuda Cody

You guys are right!  The new code was updated to "EBODFRM".  It should be working.   :banana:

rebelyell

Sooo. Fan clutch. Does it matter which brand? Probably going to pick this up Saturday morning. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hda-2707/overview/make/dodge

What about wires? Do yall get spools of automotive wire somewhere? I'm totally ignorant when it comes to electricity. It's voodoo and I hate it.

Rev-It-Up

Quote from: rebelyell on June 08, 2017, 07:50:38 AM
I'm totally ignorant when it comes to electricity. It's voodoo and I hate it.

:haha:  :rofl: I completely agree!!
Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

The clutch fan moves a ton more air & unouples when not needed , by far the best solution .
Cooling Depot from Rock Auto is what I would use 
You can buy spools of wire anywhere

rebelyell

soundcontrol

Quote from: rebelyell on June 04, 2017, 09:49:42 AM

Make the wipers work better - Funny thing, they only work on high speed and only go about halfway across the windshield

Thats what my wipers did also, never got to it, before I took the whole car apart. And they made a lot of noise.

rebelyell

Welllll..

Got the driver door fixed. Lock and handle both work. I think someone replaced a lot on the passenger side. When I pulled the door off, the inside was blue (car was purple) and the lock cylinder won't turn with the key, so I assume that was replaced as well. Explains why the locking plate was bent outward so it wouldn't engage.

Does someone make locks based on the key?

Also, the clutch fan I bought is too long. Have to take it back and find another one. Yaaaaay.

Chryco Psycho

Take the lock to any autol ocksmith with the key you need it set to & it will take a few minutes

Cuda Cody

rebelyell

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 12, 2017, 06:10:36 PM
Take the lock to any autol ocksmith with the key you need it set to & it will take a few minutes

I didn't know they did that with old cars. I'll look into it today. Thanks!

In other news. I topped off the oil last night while working through the fan clutch debacle and I notice this little puddle here this morning. I'm assuming it's an oil pan gasket leak. If it's not that, it's a rear main. I'm leaning toward oil pan gasket because it's sitting on a rearward incline and I haven't started it in a week. What do you guys think?

303 Mopar

Quote from: rebelyell on June 13, 2017, 05:29:39 AM
I topped off the oil last night while working through the fan clutch debacle and I notice this little puddle here this morning. I'm assuming it's an oil pan gasket leak. If it's not that, it's a rear main. I'm leaning toward oil pan gasket because it's sitting on a rearward incline and I haven't started it in a week. What do you guys think?

I hope its the pan gasket because the rear main is a PITA to change.  Check the pan bolts first before you pull it, sometimes they just work their way loose.

Cudakiller70

Is it motor oil? looks like it could be right under the brake master cylinder. Doesn't look far enough in under the car for an engine oil leak.