M46 scoop details

Started by cuda hunter, May 22, 2020, 10:36:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cudamadd

Nice looking scoop  I must say

Brads70

Great post for future reference! Good job Josh!  :bravo:

anlauto

I just read through this entire thread, great job documenting a very rare piece that few people even know exist. Maybe we can get this into our reference section. :smile:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

thanks.  Just trying to share the knowledge since there is no other information about these out there. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Hemiken

Awesome read and very well discribed on the overall of these unique scoops and dare i say sought after optioned Barracudas for future collectors. I believe M46 Barracudas could become a desirable collector car for guys looking to have that unique car in their personal collections, such a rare opportunity to find what M46 Barracudas are left to be saved could not be more important than to start the hunt as Josh has already started the quest for the rest of us to follow.
I personally have one of these illusive M46 Barracuda of my very own and know how hard it is to even find information and references towards these cars and appreciate how much time and passion Josh has put in to this post. Thanks Josh for sharing.

anlauto

I would love to see one of these cars done with like an OE Gold type resto.... :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Thanks Ken!  Glad to see ya made it in here long enough for a post!  Stick around!

Moparal's fc7 is the closest I've seen of a restoration. 
Dwight Righnt (correct my last name spelling if wrong) AKA M46Rrat  has a few original specimens I believe that are in truly great shape.  But I have yet to get a bunch of good pictures of any one of them. 

I'll attach the best pics i have of ole Al's.  Hope he's doing ok. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Al's car was a 42K original mile car.  318 originally.  locked in a garage since 1975.  I believe he purchased it in 2005 out of Arizona.  Very little to zero rust car.  He put the car back to as close to original with the exception of the drive train.  I do not have any info on the original drive train.  I do know that the fender tag has a 13 stamped into the top right side of it like an inspectors stamp.  The inspectors tag you can see on the right side of the tag has a stamp of AR but I do not have a picture of that.  The 13 and AR are raised stamps and not perforated stamps. 
I will contact Al and see if maybe, just maybe he has any pictures of the original car.  I doubt it but it's worth a try.  Al is a great guy and loves the mopar's.
Al's original 318 was not with the car when he purchased it.  He installed a date correct 440. 
These pictures were taken from a dealership that had the car for sale after Al sold it to someone else. 

Al was gracious enough to sell me a lone scoop that he had after the restoration, the worst scoop in the pics I shared, for 832.00.

Hemiken

I have been here for a long time by the looks, but it has been a long time posting. I will pop in and out when i can and will start a build thread soon if i can get the parts i need to restore my own M46  :fingerscrossed: . Or start on my 71 Challenger Convertible.

krazy931

Super informative I will probably be coming back to this post on and off again while doing my build

Thanks for taking the time to post this,

As for mine,  I still have to find studs to permanently attach to mine

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brads70

:Stirring:   wouldn't it be cool if someone discovers a stash of NOS M46 scoops, read this post, and they end up with Josh!

cuda hunter

I'd be happy with a set of nos ones!  Not the whole stash!   I'm fine with sharing. 

That would be awesome.  I"m always hoping for a set of NOS. 

benlavigne

@cuda hunter
These pictures popped up on FB, Quebec-sold M46 Barracuda...

Ben

cuda hunter

Wow!  Is there any other info at all on the car or it's past?  Or it's whereabouts?

cuda hunter

It appears to be a read stripe car and have an argent grill. 

Are those v5x mouldings on the side? 

Crappy looking aftermarket fog lights.

Hood pins were added.