Yes
30 (62.5%)
No
7 (14.6%)
Not sure yet
11 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 48

anlauto

Unfortunate, but I was talking with a couple of major Carlisle vendors recently and they have pulled the plug this year and will NOT  be attending the show... :crying:

Don't look for:
Dante's
MEGAPARTS

Any other's ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 30, 2022, 04:42:01 PM
Why?

Both mentioned to me the cost of fuel :dunno: .....but also I think Covid has proved over the last two years that it's much easier to sit at home and just ship parts out, then to drag them out to swap meets....less overhead and more profit....customer pays shipping remember :bigmoney:

MEGAPARTS has announced that after 2022, they will not be going to ANY  swap meets....in the future, they may have a delivery van going for shows like Carlisle, but that's not in the works yet.... :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

AlmostNOS

anlauto

@TONY  Tony, will you be vending this Summer at Carlisle ? I just read your recent announcement in MCG...had me wondering ? Alan

TONY

Yes, we'll be there with all of our reproduction parts and an assortment of nice used and NOS  parts.

Same spaces B10-B17

anlauto

Well that's great news  :worship:

torredcuda

Although I`m sure some do profit I`ve always thought the larger business vendors go to swap meets more for the exposure and to gain customers, sort of advertising in a way, than to make a lot money with the time and cost involved.  :dunno: I know when I go to local swaps as a vendor I barely sell enough to cover fuel, food and the parts I buy!  :bigthumb:
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

anlauto

Covid is going to have an affect on the way everything is done in the future...It was certainly an eye opener for a lot of businesses in many different ways.....and UPS/FedEx is certainly getting rich off of it  :crying:

moparroy

This is interesting - hope it is just a few. The swap meet is always where I spend most of my time at Carlisle - and was the reason I went there in the first place. Even if the Cuda is finally nearing completion I'll still have a list of stuff to look for - a few details I'm leaving for later and for my other cars too. Definitely  few commercial vendors I have found and connected with there - and arranged pick ups there (including Mega) - but the non-commercial guys are great too. Bought a set of leaf springs there last time - all I wanted was leaf #2 - turned out they were AAR springs - sold the rest for more than I paid  :ohyeah:

GoMangoBoys

Is there anything that I can do or bring to support the club at the Carlisle show?
Thanks