Main Menu

Update from Carlisle Events!

Started by Spikedog08, March 17, 2020, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I hope not.  That's a tough month for me as I am booked with my archery hunting schedule. 
Figures. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

Well at least that would make it so yal Canadians can come to it.  Probably better for attendance.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

screamindriver

OK I'll give the latest updates to keep everyone informed.. As of May 29th Pa will move 17 counties into the "green"..This means indoor and outdoor venues can resume following CDC guidelines..By June 5th all counties will be in the "yellow"...Considering Cumberland county{Carlisle} is already in the yellow it would be safe to say the "green" phase should be within a few weeks...So the short version is it appears with the latest pace of the counties reopening the show should be a go...Now we'll need to see about the border restrictions for the northern crowd...

dodj

Quote from: screamindriver on May 22, 2020, 03:18:04 PM
Now we'll need to see about the border restrictions for the northern crowd...
I think that is mainly been restricted by our government and at the moment it is set to reopen by late June. Like the 23rd or there abouts.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Rich G.

Just read in Hemmings the swap meet is canceled in Hershey and that's after Carlisle. That can't be good!

anlauto

Three weeks yet until Spring Carlisle...June 17th....I know the border will still be closed  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

69BFan

According to the May 27th PA statement, any social activity with a group of 250 or more is still prohibited, even if the county or operating location is within a "Green" area.  With that said, I know that planning has to be fluid and things will change as we move towards July.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/gov-wolf-issues-updated-green-phase-order-guidance-on-dining-and-professional-sports/

I can only hope that Carlisle Events makes a determination at least a month out and not wait until a week prior to change things up.  I know that they have to operate under the state direction, but to wait until the last minute is not good for spectators, people bringing show cars or the vendors.

The "Spring Meet is less than 18 days away and it is still scheduled to go as plan.  The Mopar event is right at 40 days away, so it is a wait and see situation.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

anlauto

So we're only two weeks away from vendor set-up for "Spring Carlisle".....has there be any word yet about another postponement ?

What's the current status as far as allowed "crowd size gatherings" in that area now ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Spikedog08

Was talking with Ed B. over the weekend as I secured our tent . . . here is part of what he said. 

"I don't know if we're going to be down, flat or up this year. I guess that's the million dollar question and I honestly have no idea which one it's going to be. I do know that A LOT of people are just itching to get out and with so many shows already canceled, Carlisle could be huge this year. But, who knows???"
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

It will be down , i cannot even get out of Panama & probably could not return if I left . Quarantines may still be nessisary . Not sure if the Canadian border will be open either  at this point . With the unrest how many are going to believe it si even safe , I don't see the upside ...
I know I will not be there .

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on June 01, 2020, 08:49:45 AM
It will be down , i cannot even get out of Panama & probably could not return if I left . Quarantines may still be nessisary . Not sure if the Canadian border will be open either  at this point . With the unrest how many are going to believe it si even safe , I don't see the upside ...

Right now the CDN border is locked down until June 21st. ....but that could change :dunno:

anlauto

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 01, 2020, 08:34:27 AM
Was talking with Ed B. over the weekend as I secured our tent . . . here is part of what he said. 

"I don't know if we're going to be down, flat or up this year. I guess that's the million dollar question and I honestly have no idea which one it's going to be. I do know that A LOT of people are just itching to get out and with so many shows already canceled, Carlisle could be huge this year. But, who knows???"

Ed has to remain optimistic, I can't imagine the stress him and his team are under...

Most large events around here in the Greater Toronto Area have just thrown in the towel...not even going to bother postponing ...events scheduled for August/September have already been cancelled for 2020.
Events like Moparfest...not even going to think about it....cancelled, and that is in mid-August. :dunno:

blown motor

If the show does go ahead I just can't see the numbers being up. A lot of people aren't going to put themselves at risk by attending large gatherings. I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance is half of normal.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

72 Challenger

Quote from: blown motor on June 01, 2020, 10:04:02 AM
If the show does go ahead I just can't see the numbers being up. A lot of people aren't going to put themselves at risk by attending large gatherings. I wouldn't be surprised if the attendance is half of normal.

I tend to agree. I think even a lot of people who would have had their cars in the displays will back out. I am sure they can find replacements but I wanted to see the best examples, not the "anything we can get". Vendors wil not show up, etc...

It's too bad. This was going to be an EPIC year. 1970 had so many cool cars.

I also think that the border measures here in Canada will be extended. No inside knowledge, just a gut feeling.
Someday I will have a J0b.

mopartaz

I just spoke with a couple guys who are going and have secured spots in the show. They called one of the event coordinators and apparently its stil a go.