Main Menu

Bought another 1970 Challenger R/T today

Started by erik70rt, February 06, 2020, 03:52:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

I need therapy! 

Even with my current convertible/project, I couldn't resist buying another 70 R/T.  And it's a PROJECT!  Original 383 3 SPD car that's missing almost everything.  Glad I have a decent stash of parts! 

Hemi orange with white stripes.  No vinyl top.  White Interior.  One of 355 383 3spds made. 

No build sheet but it does have the fender tag.  And since I like different, I'll build it back like original. 

Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

JS29

Yes you are a SICK individual, I mean that in a good way.  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

Dude, that is awesome!!!   :clapping:  Love that color combo.   :banana:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

nsmall

Thats going to cost you a small fortune, but it sure is going to be gorgeous!!!

soundcontrol

The best therapy for that behaviour, is to sell it.
To me!   :yes:

Nice car! Can't have too many projects. :inlove:

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Quote from: nsmall on February 06, 2020, 04:46:20 PM

I'm guessing he got a good deal on it  :thinking:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

js27

Nice-Looking forward seeing it complete. Got to LOVE EV2 and White.
JS27

Bullitt-

If you need a powertrain I recalled this Facebook post

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ebodies/permalink/3026352790743536/

"From a 70 Challenger RT I have a 70 383 mag with numbers matching 3 speed stick Complete top to bottom with 38k on it. Also has the matching radiator. There were 335 Rts made with the 3 speed stick. I would like to find someone that needs this for there RT or I would like to find a 70 Challenger RT missing the motor and 3 speed and purchase it so this engine combo isnt wasted."
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

xx88man

Quote from: Bullitt- on February 07, 2020, 09:20:00 AM

"From a 70 Challenger RT I have a 70 383 mag with numbers matching 3 speed stick Complete top to bottom with 38k on it. Also has the matching radiator. There were 335 Rts made with the 3 speed stick. I would like to find someone that needs this for there RT or I would like to find a 70 Challenger RT missing the motor and 3 speed and purchase it so this engine combo isnt wasted."

Maybe the original combo from your car?
Keep yer foot in it

erik70rt

Quote from: anlauto on February 07, 2020, 08:46:30 AM
Quote from: nsmall on February 06, 2020, 04:46:20 PM

I'm guessing he got a good deal on it  :thinking:

I paid $6500 for it.  And it comes with an extra flat hood.  I thought it was a good enough deal to pick it up.  Others may not.  I like that it's rare and different and I think it should be saved.  I'm not concerned with what it will be worth in the end.  I'm not in this hobby for that!   :banana:

erik70rt

Quote from: Bullitt- on February 07, 2020, 09:20:00 AM

Thanks!  I asked him if he still had it. 

Brads70

Congrats on "feeding your addiction"  Looks like a fun project! Gotta have something to do in our spare time right!  :bigthumb: