Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

70chall440

Tried unsuccessfully to get the drivers door lock to work.
Mopar or no car!!!

blown motor

Quote from: jimynick on February 16, 2018, 08:13:03 PM
I introduced my sleeping, not-really-beauty, to her new wheels and tires. she was too excited for me to put them on her, but that'll happen pretty soon. Got the roller cam and the piston pin clips, too. They've still got great wings at Goodfellows in N.Falls, NY. The GD tax man put a nearly $300 dent in my skull as well. Hope this works out!  :cheers:

:needphotos:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

303 Mopar

It was nice enough here to take the Cuda out for a quick spin!   :burnout:

YellowThumper

If it is the key lock not functioning. Most likely the little pin tumblers have worn out. They are little round brass bars at fried lengths to match up with your key pattern. I had same issue way back in past. Went to the salvage yards and pulled a bunch of locks to take apart. They are (were) common amongst chrysler for many years. However now days I expect you could buy something to re-key them. They disassemble easily.

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 16, 2018, 08:30:57 PM
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

moparcar

Mines still on the rotisserie and jack stands but built some 2 x 4 cribbing stands like DSE (Detroit Speed and Engineering) uses. I'll use these for some mock up work and eventually some raised work.

70chall440

Quote from: YellowThumper on February 18, 2018, 06:38:53 PM
If it is the key lock not functioning. Most likely the little pin tumblers have worn out. They are little round brass bars at fried lengths to match up with your key pattern. I had same issue way back in past. Went to the salvage yards and pulled a bunch of locks to take apart. They are (were) common amongst chrysler for many years. However now days I expect you could buy something to re-key them. They disassemble easily.

I should have been more descriptive. The lock turns ok, but it will not fully unlock the door, it stops short like either the turn plate is worn or something else. It acts like the rod is too short which I know is not the case. I played with the inner rods some and there is definitely some friction there, I suppose the rod could be bent or something.

I did manage to get the window stainless in.
Mopar or no car!!!

YellowThumper

No problem
Let's go another way. The small swivel plates that mount on the back of the locks are left and right in orientation. Could you have them reversed. Proper orientation for the rod connection could be off needed location. Rods would seem too long or too short..

Good luck

Quote from: 70chall440 on February 18, 2018, 09:15:32 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on February 18, 2018, 06:38:53 PM

I should have been more descriptive. The lock turns ok, but it will not fully unlock the door, it stops short like either the turn plate is worn or something else. It acts like the rod is too short which I know is not the case. I played with the inner rods some and there is definitely some friction there, I suppose the rod could be bent or something.

I did manage to get the window stainless in.

Mike.

benlavigne

Got a couple of tires mounted! Waiting for some F60's for the front from @smallhurst ... and nice weather!

Ben

340challconvert

Quote from: benlavigne on March 02, 2018, 08:56:26 AM
Got a couple of tires mounted! Waiting for some F's from @smallhurst ... and nice weather!

Ben
Always loved the look of the Goodyear Polyglass Tires!
My car came originally with the E-60 - 15's long ago!

:bradsthumb:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

benlavigne

Went to see my new engine on the dyno! You might recognize the setting...
It's a 75 400 block with forged 383 internals and a slight overbore, a mild cam, just a basic rebuild, did not want to go the 452 stroker route. We were shooting to best the basic 383 Magnum numbers from 1970, 335HP 425TQ, hoping for U-code-like 375HP...
Base test done with Nick's trusted Holley doublepumper and headers yielded 440-6 numbers, 394HP, 470TQ!
We then set it up with my own freshly restored AVS, which, at 630cfm, costed about 20HP and 32TQ...
And then with HP manifolds, with final numbers at 359HP @5200, 428TQ @3600RPM. There was a slight miss, so Nick will do some further testing with my ignition setup and timing adjustments.
Overall I'm happy, this will give me plenty of reliable power and torque to spin the Polyglas, pump-gas friendly at 9.5:1 CR, with a slight lumpy cam.

Ben
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0r9yE6QsSoo" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RUNCHARGER

Decent results. Hard to install the manifolds and little carb though.
Sheldon

cudaragtop

Got the cuda out and took it for a drive. 44* and Sunny.

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Crash520

Fitted Caltrac bars, work as required, a little noisy but I can shim most of that out, and now it's holding pinion angle tighter I've got a slight vibration so I'll throw a couple of degree shim under the spring perch's and should be good to go
Greg
Brisbane
Australia

dodj

Quote from: benlavigne on March 02, 2018, 08:56:26 AM
Got a couple of tires mounted!
Ben
I love the sound of polyglas in a burnout.. :burnout:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

Moved stuff to get to other stuff. Desperately wanting to get back on pictured stuff soon.

Mike.