Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RJChallenger and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Blake@diyhemi.com

Took mine out on a family cruise, dropping off Louisiana cooking to family on their doorsteps. Overall she did really well, other than my starter beginning to act up. We spotted a late C3 vette and a 68ish firebird out for cruises, neither bit [emoji16]

The new hemi loves the 4 speed and 3.55 gears, pulls strong.

I did my own exhaust out of a few pieces of mandrel bends I had in my exhaust parts bin. I had 2 stainless steel 2.5" magnaflow mufflers I saved off a suburban heading to the crusher.

Not tig welded but better than the local muffler shop. It'll do until I get magnaflow stainless kit or or correct AAR exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

Blake@diyhemi.com

1970 AAR Cuda 
5.7 Hemi /A833 ~ DIYHEMI-Cuda
Looking for my numbers matching 340 TA block!
0B289380

www.diyhemi.com

Your late model Hemi swap resource!

gzig5

Quote from: 70Barracuda on April 11, 2020, 10:59:39 AM
Good Morning,
Back to my exhaust, The shop that is $1200 has overall great reviews.  I tell my son the story he says that shop has a bad rep for quality!  Great, thats what I need.  When I told the guy I wanted the Magnaflow round 'mufflers'  mounted next to the gas tank like Topcat's system he said, you mean glass packs?  I said no, mufflers.  He says, oh, you've been installing exhaust for 30 years I guess you know more than me.  This is where it could have turned bad quick but in my older age I turned it around and it was fine.
Im not doing the 3K  Thats trailer queen show car stuff.

The Street Lynx is tight in there. Reilly says no over the Dana will go.  It will.  it does now.
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies

Im out driving my car just for fun most everyday.

I used the $200 system from Summit.  I ordered DynoMax 17773mufflers, same as TTI uses in their kit.  It is a nice mandrel bent system that fits well with the Hedmann headers.  Only down side for me is that the rectangular mufflers are a tight fit next to the tank, and it is designed for a 318 Barracuda valance.  Not the Cuda with rectangular cutouts and tips.  OEM round style mufflers would work better.  If nothing else this kit is a good starting point and another hundred bucks or so will finish it out.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-680139-nm

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 392 Cuda on April 11, 2020, 08:12:57 PM

Cleaned up the trunk a bit today. Added ABS plastic like I saw in another post here. Easy enough to work with. Seems like Plymouth should have covered the back of the tail lights at the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That looks good what did you use for the tail light panel and how did you form it?

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

392 Cuda

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 12, 2020, 08:44:59 AM

Cleaned up the trunk a bit today. Added ABS plastic like I saw in another post here. Easy enough to work with. Seems like Plymouth should have covered the back of the tail lights at the factory.

That looks good what did you use for the tail light panel and how did you form it?

It's .125" ABS plastic. I ordered it from Grainger, but you can find it anywhere. You can heat it up good with a heat gun, and it will take almost any shape you want.

@tinfish used something similar.

70Barracuda

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 12, 2020, 08:44:59 AM

Thanks, thats the valance I have

Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

bentpshrods

Spent the last two days getting the yard in shape---lawn mowed, flower beds all cleaned up ect. So this afternoon I gave myself a break and took the cuda out for a nice long cruise to the mountains. Got in about a 140 mile trip.  Saw this and thought  AAAH  OK-----  was a very fine day.                :burnout:

Brads70

Quote from: bentpshrods on April 12, 2020, 03:53:28 PM
    Spent the last two days getting the yard in shape---lawn mowed, flower beds all cleaned up ect. So this afternoon I gave myself a break and took the cuda out for a nice long cruise to the mountains. Got in about a 140 mile trip.  Saw this and thought  AAAH  OK-----  was a very fine day.                :burnout:

Love all the wide open spaces and " elbow room"  :bravo:

dodj

Quote from: Brads70 on April 12, 2020, 04:02:56 PM
Quote from: bentpshrods on April 12, 2020, 03:53:28 PM

Love all the wide open spaces and " elbow room"  :bravo:
He's self isolating... :))
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

73_Cuda_4_Me

I think a better term would be 'self gratifying'...

:bigthumb:
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

jimynick

Boy, you guys out there driving your sleds just make me jealous as hell. Son Nick and I spent 3-4 hours sanding primer and prepping and then priming the hood and deck lid interiors. The hood is a huge PITA to prep, what with all the nice factory stampings and their razor sharp edges, but we got some 2k on them and they look 100% better already. I know I'm getting old when the interior of my hood looks good to me, eh?  :rolleyes:  A couple of cervezas helped cut the dust!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

YellowThumper

Rolled it sidways. Finished the bump stops on the sideways roller ramp and plates I made. Just a bunch of scrap pieces welded together.
Garage has a slight slope to it. So having it on 4 of the normal rollers don't work.
Also made a 2x4 wooden bump stop to limit travel. Now I can get to the tools and have room on other side for the Stang. Really trying to get it knocked out to move back to Challenger.
Working from home has allowed me at minimum 2 extra hours not sitting in traffic every day.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quarantine projects are becoming desperate.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

YellowThumper

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 16, 2020, 08:31:09 AM

Haha that is awsome!. Did that toy come yellow or did you paint it?
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: YellowThumper on April 16, 2020, 04:30:45 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 16, 2020, 08:31:09 AM

Haha that is awsome!. Did that toy come yellow or did you paint it?

We were going to get rid of it and decided to do something with it. It's pretty tired.

2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs