Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

Brads70

Quote from: 70Barracuda on April 09, 2020, 10:04:00 PM
Went to exhaust shop today for a complete estimate. 2.5 from headers over the Dana and 4 link out back mandrel bent alumized $1200.

Yesterday to a custom shop  stainless all done like jewelry, prob the nicest thing on my car $3,000

Decisions decisions

If you have a welder , you can buy stainless mandrel bends and make your own exhaust?
https://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=stainless%20mandrel%20bend

I usually buy this one when I do my own...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vpe-2609

jimynick

Quote from: Brads70 on April 10, 2020, 04:12:49 AM
Went to exhaust shop today for a complete estimate. 2.5 from headers over the Dana and 4 link out back mandrel bent alumized $1200.

Yesterday to a custom shop  stainless all done like jewelry, prob the nicest thing on my car $3,000

Decisions decisions

If you have a welder , you can buy stainless mandrel bends and make your own exhaust?
https://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=stainless%20mandrel%20bend

Yowsir! Pypes sell a 2.5" SS kit for $500 and that's probably the way I'll go when I re-do mine. Just FYI.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on April 10, 2020, 08:21:38 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on April 10, 2020, 04:12:49 AM

Decisions decisions

I have a Magnaflow system on my Challenger and it was around the price you quoted when I bought it 10 years ago. On my old Buick there was not a bolt on system so you had to make your own. Same with my Javelin.... I'll likely be making my own. Even with the "bolt on" Magnaflow system you still need a couple of bends to hook it up to the headers or manifolds. 

Yowsir! Pypes sell a 2.5" SS kit for $500 and that's probably the way I'll go when I re-do mine. Just FYI.

Cuda70-74

Cut the quarter panels off my 68 charger. Found out I'm have to patch the outer wheel well
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

chargerdon

In this corona virus lockdown...it can get very depressing !!   

So, about once a week i fire up my 74 Challenger, warm her up and take for a drive...  lay a little bit of rubber and just enjoy driving.   

Therapy !!

70Barracuda

Good Morning,
Back to my exhaust, The shop that is $1200 has overall great reviews.  I tell my son the story he says that shop has a bad rep for quality!  Great, thats what I need.  When I told the guy I wanted the Magnaflow round 'mufflers'  mounted next to the gas tank like Topcat's system he said, you mean glass packs?  I said no, mufflers.  He says, oh, you've been installing exhaust for 30 years I guess you know more than me.  This is where it could have turned bad quick but in my older age I turned it around and it was fine.
Im not doing the 3K  Thats trailer queen show car stuff.

The Street Lynx is tight in there. Reilly says no over the Dana will go.  It will.  it does now.
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies

Im out driving my car just for fun most everyday.
Sniper, 493/383, Firmfeel, RMS Streetlynx, Speedhut. Dana, 4 gear.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 70Barracuda on April 11, 2020, 10:59:39 AM
Good Morning,
Back to my exhaust, The shop that is $1200 has overall great reviews.  I tell my son the story he says that shop has a bad rep for quality!  Great, thats what I need.  When I told the guy I wanted the Magnaflow round 'mufflers'  mounted next to the gas tank like Topcat's system he said, you mean glass packs?  I said no, mufflers.  He says, oh, you've been installing exhaust for 30 years I guess you know more than me.  This is where it could have turned bad quick but in my older age I turned it around and it was fine.
Im not doing the 3K  Thats trailer queen show car stuff.

The Street Lynx is tight in there. Reilly says no over the Dana will go.  It will.  it does now.
Hey everyone, thanks for the replies

Im out driving my car just for fun most everyday.

Sounds about right, I had a muffler and tailpipe replaced on my Warlock and just took it to a local shop for simplicity. The welds were awful, and they didn't even replace the simple right turn out of the muffler that goes to the outside of the truck. Half of the reason I took it there was to have a nice new pipe coming out of the truck...typical disappointment.

That said, I would suggest finding a nice kit and DIYing it. Even if you take some of the money and buy yourself a welder to get it done, you'll come out ahead.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

blown motor

Went for a run with @JonnyMagnum Don't worry, we kept the cars six feet apart.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

JonnyMagnum

Yup, it was a good cruise!  We kept our distance

Topcat

Was a very nice day out today near Morgan Hill

7212Mopar

Mike, look like you are having fun.  :twothumbsup:

Too much work and working at home is not helping to get things done faster. I found myself working even more than when I have to go into the office.

I started my car and let it run for 10 minutes in the garage. Later in the afternoon I saw my next door neighbor took his 67 Mustang coupe out for a cruise. I will see how the weather is tomorrow. Itching to take my car out to get some "less expensive" gas and drive around the neighborhood.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Topcat

Quote from: 7212Mopar on April 11, 2020, 07:07:55 PM
Mike, look like you are having fun.  :twothumbsup:

Too much work and working at home is not helping to get things done faster. I found myself working even more than when I have to go into the office.

I started my car and let it run for 10 minutes in the garage. Later in the afternoon I saw my next door neighbor took his 67 Mustang coupe out for a cruise. I will see how the weather is tomorrow. Itching to take my car out to get some "less expensive" gas and drive around the neighborhood.

i forgot to mention...

I got into a Dog Fight with a Silver 69 BBC Corvette.

He bit me off the line on the first round.
On the second round we were rolling and I started putting the Hammer on him and then he back'd off.   

392 Cuda

Cleaned up the trunk a bit today. Added ABS plastic like I saw in another post here. Easy enough to work with. Seems like Plymouth should have covered the back of the tail lights at the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7212Mopar

Unless that Chevy got NOS or boosted, it has no chance once the HEMI spool up. Should give him a "BEEP, BEEP" once you show him the taillight. LOL.  :bradsthumb:
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket