Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on June 24, 2018, 08:42:29 PM
Ran it outside, in the drizzling rain, so that I could get the Camry in for Jim and I to repair the exhaust.  :wrenching:  Ran it back in and wiped, dusted it off. There, all safe and sound.

Oh good , so it's not a trailer queen! So your driving it down with us to Carlisle right?  :D :Stirring:

gzig5

On Saturday the car moved under its own power for the first time in my three month ownership.  Granted, it didn't move far but it was an accomplishment.  After that momentous occasion I pulled the trans pan and replaced it with the Mopar extra capacity version.  Pulled the power steering pump for rebuild/seals and failed to get the pulley off.  Dropped the pump at a local shop who will hopefully be able to use the correct tool to get the pulley off.  Made a piston stop to verify the TDC mark on the damper is valid.  It's 1 1/2 degrees advanced which is probably within the error of my measurement or manufacturing tolerance.  Made a degree tape to help figure out why it seems to want so much initial timing to idle reasonably.  Probably be going after the timing chain this week.  No sense leaving unanswered questions out there and I remember that was the first thing my Dad would change any time he got a car with unknown history.

jimynick

Quote from: Brads70 on June 25, 2018, 05:21:36 AM
Ran it outside, in the drizzling rain, so that I could get the Camry in for Jim and I to repair the exhaust.  :wrenching:  Ran it back in and wiped, dusted it off. There, all safe and sound.

Oh good , so it's not a trailer queen! So your driving it down with us to Carlisle right?  :D :Stirring:
LOL, no, it's not a trailer queen. I got it out today and drove it to Mildmay where the Cheese Haus has cheddar cheeses from 2 to 15 yrs old and managed to spend $80 on cheese! Stopped in to see Rusty Dosman in his dad's old Plymouth dealership which is where I saw my first E body in the winter of 69. It was a 340 Cuda with a 3 speed if my poor old brain recollects right. Into the old home town of Walkerton and then over and back through Hanover. It turned 80,000 miles today and even though it ran alright, I don't feel confident to drive it 8 hours straight in the land of "don't know anybody". Your car, on the other hand, is a hand massaged thing of beauty and should make it easily!  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

halftrackman

I got the new fuels lines today 3/8 and 1/4 but have not worked on the 70 challenger, to dam hot.  Heat index 105  :deadhorse:

YellowThumper

Quote from: jimynick on June 25, 2018, 08:34:08 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on June 25, 2018, 05:21:36 AM

LOL, no, it's not a trailer queen. I got it out today and drove it to Mildmay where the Cheese Haus has cheddar cheeses from 2 to 15 yrs old and managed to spend $80 on cheese! Stopped in to see Rusty Dosman in his dad's old Plymouth dealership which is where I saw my first E body in the winter of 69. It was a 340 Cuda with a 3 speed if my poor old brain recollects right. Into the old home town of Walkerton and then over and back through Hanover. It turned 80,000 miles today and even though it ran alright, I don't feel confident to drive it 8 hours straight in the land of "don't know anybody". Your car, on the other hand, is a hand massaged thing of beauty and should make it easily!  :cheers:

LOL on the cheese. I am originally from Wisconsin. For many years I would have my family ship out logs of cheese to California. usually around 60lbs. Would section it up and that was the Christmas gifts.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

jimynick

Well, it's good that I did that cheese run when I did, since I got it out today and drove down to the parts store and when I went in, the counter man said "what's that noise?" I said that I didn't know and hadn't noticed it, but when we lifted the hood and fired it up, there was a rumbling growl and then I saw the schmutz thrown on the rt inr fender apron! WTF?! I shut it off and grabbed the fan and there it was- a wobble in the water pump pulley. OMG, the pump was new and doesn't have 2000 miles on it!  :Thud:  Back into the store and ordered another new pump, so guess what I'm doing tomorrow? Thank God I caught it in time, as I've seen them fail and they always eat the rad and my new, 3 cored 26" rad doesn't need to be replaced due to it.  :pullinghair:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

Yup: That's a good catch. Best trip I had to the parts store was with my orange car with the 528 in it with ultraflows. I go inside and the one parts girl I dealt with told me "that thing sounds like a weapon". That still makes me smile.
Sheldon

GoodysGotaCuda

I just keep walking by my 'Cuda these days. It's too stinkin' hot in North Texas to want to drive it these days. ~105°F heat index just makes for a hot day.  :bricks:
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

ec_co

working on restoring the tail lights/housing. original chrome bezels are in much better shape than I thought, zero pitting on one, a few micros on the other. lenses are 95%, zero cracking. internal chrome reflections are still near factory perfect, so not gonna mess with em. painted the housings in krylon 'champagne nouveau' satin, about the closest thing I could find to the chromate wash, looks decently close and I don't need anywhere close to perfection for mine. waiting on delivery of my gaskets to button them up and box em away.

last weekend cleaned and painted the original gas tank (no holes, just some surface rusties) and my ashtray.

slow, but moving along
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Brads70

I got pissed off with the locar flimsy throttle cable bracket set up and installed this one. The old one would move, couldn't keep it from moving and that's important for the throttle position switch for the tranny controller.  I had to screw around to make it work with my other add on's ..... machine up another bracket and different springs
$28 bucks on Amazon, hopefully it will do better?
https://www.amazon.ca/Ryanstar-Aluminum-Billet-Throttle-Bracket/dp/B06XBV152Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530395517&sr=8-3&keywords=throttle+bracket

anlauto

Quote from: Brads70 on June 30, 2018, 02:49:56 PM
I got pissed off with the locar flimsy throttle cable bracket set up and installed this one. The old one would move, couldn't keep it from moving and that's important for the throttle position switch for the tranny controller.  I had to screw around to make it work with my other add on's ..... machine up another bracket and different springs
https://www.amazon.ca/Ryanstar-Aluminum-Billet-Throttle-Bracket/dp/B06XBV152Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530395517&sr=8-3&keywords=throttle+bracket

Holy crap ! I paid about $130 for the same thing from JEGS  :o :pullinghair: :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on June 30, 2018, 04:40:06 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on June 30, 2018, 02:49:56 PM

Holy crap ! I paid about $130 for the same thing from JEGS  :o :pullinghair: :'(

I almost did too. The other ones do come with ( or can be bought seperate) the  exact blocks for kickdown etc... I had to machine a few things but for $28 bucks I'm ok with that!

Chryco Psycho

Shoooter

for my door weather stripping in! one little step closer

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon