Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Chryco Psycho

71-440

:iagree:

I wrapped my starter but one of those would be nice. :vipermanhiding:
Joe

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Topcat

A while ago, I decided to put my pair of Cometic Hemi valve covers back up on the shelf.

I replaced them with Fel-Pro cork gaskets. That lasted about 2 weeks.

The Fel-Pro gaskets compressed too far down causing the edges of my exhaust valves to hit the inside of the valve covers.

The Cometics are harder and thicker so I shouldn't have anymore internal rubbing noises anymore.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on July 03, 2019, 11:45:55 AM

Put about 150miles on it this week. Going to address a little highway exhaust drone here soon, but it sure is nice to drive these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing to do with your E body...

JS29

:iagree: Now that monsoon season is over in the northeast!   :burnout:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 04, 2019, 09:47:04 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on July 03, 2019, 11:45:55 AM

Put about 150miles on it this week. Going to address a little highway exhaust drone here soon, but it sure is nice to drive these days.

Best thing to do with your E body...

I'd drive it everyday if I could justify it. I have some resonators to dial in the cruising experience a little more, but my list of things "to do" is pretty negligible these days. I need a passenger seat latch, that's about it!

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

72 Challenger

I took the Duster out for it's first public appearance at the local cruise in. It gathered a small crowd and I spent the night repeating the story of it's life. The 416 stroker flies. Parked beside an original owner 69 Charger.
Someday I will have a J0b.

blown motor

:unbelievable: A Duster with a 416 stroker! Hang on boys!
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

72 Challenger

Quote from: blown motor on July 05, 2019, 10:13:13 AM
:unbelievable: A Duster with a 416 stroker! Hang on boys!

For sure! I am not great at shifting the 4 speed. The clutch is heavy and the throw is astronomical compared to my 6 speed daily driver. Time will get me there. I totally understand why so many people bought automatics back then.
Someday I will have a J0b.

realn96

Had it going sideways in all 4 gears on my way back from beer distributor! sent the belt flying off and limped it home. no beers where damaged thank god!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: realn96 on July 05, 2019, 12:27:28 PM
Had it going sideways in all 4 gears on my way back from beer distributor! sent the belt flying off and limped it home. no beers where damaged thank god!

Well the only time I've thrown belts is when the RPM's exceed 6,000 so I'd say you were driving properly.... :rofl:  And good job protecting those innocent beers....

7E-Bodies

I called SMS and ordered the headliner to go with the V1F vinyl top order that's in process...

1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

YellowThumper

Protected it from unwanted intrusion. Took Mustang off the 4 rollers because SoCal is rocking earthquakes again.
It moved probably 6 inches closer.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.