Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on September 12, 2019, 03:25:43 PM
Quote from: Cudajason on September 12, 2019, 07:09:58 AM
Quote from: 71-440 on September 11, 2019, 07:06:11 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on September 11, 2019, 02:30:10 PM
Definately don't pull from outside.
Use the bolts. Kits like this can be purchased or rented from local auto parts source.
Most times I have needed to reinstall the crank bolt as its hole is huge. Remove thick washer screw it in semi close to balancer. You will get 3 puller bolts out of 6 available in balancer. I dont recommend only using 2. Back it out up to main bolt head. Release and back out bolt more and pull again some more. Repeat as necessary.

I have a kit similar top that one and left the crank bolt in about 3/4 without the washer. That bad boy won't budge.
I am afraid I am going to strip out the pulley threads. Used 4 of them. I had a breaker bar in there too to keep the crank from turning.  :Thud:

you mean you tried to pull it with the Crank pulling still threaded in?

I always remove mine completely.

I do not think heating it is a good idea.

Jason

:iagree: I'd take the crank bolt out completely before trying to use the puller.

Yeah that is where I am going. 

Take the bolt out.  the center screw of the puller needs to rest on the crank snout for the puller to work properly.

If the center screw is pushing on the crank bolt I don't think it will move!!

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Chryco Psycho

I have always left the crak bolt in Without the washer so protect the threads in the crank

YellowThumper

Saw a close version of mine on a commercial.
Same muted yellow color so it would be the later years. KY5
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

7E-Bodies

Installed and aligned the new door hinges from Roseville on my 70. Wow, what a difference. So much easier to align. Just hoping primer/paint will adhere to that shiny surface.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

GoodysGotaCuda

Family took the 'Cuda and L'il Red out to a local car show.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

71-440

UPS came today..... And I still can't get the damn damper to budge..... :bricks:
Joe

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 15, 2019, 06:55:53 AM

@GoodysGotaCuda I thought you were working on the Lil'Red, or was that the Warlock ?
That building looks like near Dealy Plaza ?

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: 71-440 on September 16, 2019, 06:14:05 PM
UPS came today..... And I still can't get the damn damper to budge..... :bricks:

I assume you have tried to spray some penetrant on it and let it soak?  Maybe try running the crank bolt back in with the impact wrench?  The hammering action may help to knock it loose.  :alan2cents:

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: 73440 on September 16, 2019, 06:49:28 PM
Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on September 15, 2019, 06:55:53 AM

@GoodysGotaCuda I thought you were working on the Lil'Red, or was that the Warlock ?
That building looks like near Dealy Plaza ?

L'il Red is my Father in Law's truck, my Wife drove it to High School. I also own a Warlock, which I am compiling parts for, but not quite working on yet.

Building is in Denton, North Texas.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

That building looks like Richardson Romanesque style, my favorite !

71-440

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on September 16, 2019, 08:26:34 PM
Quote from: 71-440 on September 16, 2019, 06:14:05 PM

I assume you have tried to spray some penetrant on it and let it soak?  Maybe try running the crank bolt back in with the impact wrench?  The hammering action may help to knock it loose.  :alan2cents:

Sprayed it several times over a couple days. Going to shorten the bolts in the puller and try the impact wrench.
Joe

Try tightening the damper bolt a little, don't pull the crank threads , when we used to remove either steel or wooden concrete form stakes from the ground , with a stubborn one we would drive it one sledge hit more into the ground and that helped to break the ground friction sometimes

jimynick

If you can gain access to do it, I'd tighten the puller bolts decently tight and with the crank bolt nearly all in, give it a couple of good clouts on the crank bolt, in line with the crank, with a BFH. Sometimes the jolt is all it needs and if it moves, you'll know, as the puller bolts will be looser than when you started. Good luck  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

This past weekend we took a little drive, there was a car show in Tahoe, we walked the show but didn't enter it, instead we took a drive around Lake Tahoe... Always an awesome drive....