Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 04, 2020, 05:27:57 AM
I would use a real penetrant like Liquid Wrench , WD40 is useless .
:yessir:     I will give it a shot. I'm likely not removing the K until March when it doesn't cost so much to heat the garage to working temps so it will have lots of working time.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

YellowThumper

X2 on what @Chryco Psycho said. Especially if like you stated are going to let it sit. Come back later and it will have dried up like nothing was ever added.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

7E-Bodies

I'm a diehard Kroil guy, for what it's worth. The stuff never lets me down, even on exhaust and brake work. My neighbor and I once used it successfully on a ceased tractor engine on an antique he was restoring.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

JS29

I have some stuff called fluid film from NAPA that works vary well.    :alan2cents:

GoodysGotaCuda

Washed it, looks like a nice week of driving weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

dodj

That's what cars up here look like after a couple days of driving on salted roads.....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JS29

Quote from: dodj on January 05, 2020, 08:14:42 AM
That's what cars up here look like after a couple days of driving on salted roads.....
Ya same here!  :o Only thing missing is the stalagmites on the rocker panels and quarters. we call it our tax dollars at work.  :'(

7E-Bodies

Got the anticipated call to stop by the machine shop to view the newly disassembled 440. Everything looked remarkably well, and it would definitely seem it's truly a 64,000 mile engine as the odometer shows. So far, so good. Fingers crossed for Magnaflux.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

jimynick

The Slog continues and 8 hours over 2 days, got the hood and deck lids stripped of the nasty epoxy that isn't sticking like I want it to. I think I'll have to buy stock in an abrasive company!  :'(
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

JS29

Quote from: jimynick on January 14, 2020, 08:16:48 PM
The Slog continues and 8 hours over 2 days, got the hood and deck lids stripped of the nasty epoxy that isn't sticking like I want it to. I think I'll have to buy stock in an abrasive company!  :'(
:console:

jimynick

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

340challconvert

Drilled the reproduction gas tank braces and mounted to the bottom of the trunk floor for welding before installing trunk floor

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

dodj

Quote from: 340challconvert on January 17, 2020, 04:58:26 AM
Drilled the reproduction gas tank braces and mounted to the bottom of the trunk floor for welding before installing trunk floor
You have a very nice floor in your garage..... :twothumbsup:

Brads70

Quote from: jimynick on January 14, 2020, 08:16:48 PM
I don't envy you. Toughest part of building a car IMO.  Keep your stick on the ice!  :D

72 Challenger

It's feels like its been ages since I last posted. My work has had me going cross-Canada. I am hoping to get back to work on the duster soon. It needs a new heater core which I already have.

It's not an e-body but it is a MOPAR. My Duster turned 50 on November 24th 2019 so I decided to celebrate it by taking off the cover and and whipping up a batch of fair style deep fried cookie dough.
Someday I will have a J0b.