Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Quote from: Scooter on March 01, 2021, 04:44:08 PM
I was going to try Mickey Thompson S/R line but they are near 3 month backorder. Maybe next time around.

Did you check Summit out?

Scooter

Quote from: Topcat on March 01, 2021, 07:20:50 PM
Quote from: Scooter on March 01, 2021, 04:44:08 PM
I was going to try Mickey Thompson S/R line but they are near 3 month backorder. Maybe next time around.

Did you check Summit out?

Summit had the fronts.. rears were sometime next month. I wanted to get them from a local dist. just in case there were issues. Some noted on the Summit reviews they would not balance or needed a lot of weight. I did not want to have to deal with returns or warranty issues. I'll roll these BFG's for a bit and try the MT's next time around.  Had a nail in one of the rear tires and really wanted it gone... tire was over 20 years old...  :o

Topcat

My repaired Shaker Bubble painted with Roger Gihson Argent Shaker paint.

340challconvert

Quote from: gzig5 on February 28, 2021, 02:31:15 PM
Fixed the front of the inner fender support. Cut out the cancer and bent a matching piece by hand. Was able to get the garage warm enough for the primer to stick.

Nice Job   :wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

Finally installed the rest of the new brake lines, valves, and test fit a master cylinder.

:wrenching:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

Scooter

New Milodon HV water pump and HV EMP thermostat... never thought I'd pay new $40 for a thermostat.

Also got a great deal on some newer and higher volume SPAL 11" fans. They are usually listed between $180 and $210 each, picked them up for less than $130 each free shipping. The two SPAL fans currently installed are rated in the neighborhood of 1300 CFM each and have 5 flat paddle blades. Not having any cooling issues with them, temp sits parked at 180 even on the hottest days we had last summer. I'm hoping the new ones which are rated at 1600 CFM are maybe a bit more quiet as they have 7 curved blades. If not.. so be it.. same current draw as the older model. Will likely install tomorrow.

Scooter

Shakedown run through Los Gatos up to Alice's. Ran great & no leaks.. so success! Was pretty chilly up there. Some poor guy on a Vespa got cold and tried to pull off Skyline onto a soft shoulder right in front of me... hit the front brake on the gravel and went flying.  :o

Vespa was scratched up pretty good but he was ok. Gave him a ride down to San Mateo.

anlauto

Quote from: Topcat on March 01, 2021, 09:58:22 PM
My repaired Shaker Bubble painted with Roger Gihson Argent Shaker paint.

That looks beautiful  :drooling: :clapping: :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Scooter

Quote from: dodj on March 13, 2021, 07:00:56 PM
@Scooter , what makes that tstat worth 40 bucks?

I'm led to believe a standard thermostat has a more difficult time overcoming the flow generated by a HV pump and these are designed to flow better overall.

Topcat

Drove it Friday and threw the Hammer down really hard.
Probably one of the hardest since I owned it.

Those road tattoo's will be leaving some wondering,...WTH did that? 

Notice new Bubble number 2 on it now.   

Topcat

Quote from: Scooter on March 13, 2021, 06:00:48 PM
Shakedown run through Los Gatos up to Alice's. Ran great & no leaks.. so success! Was pretty chilly up there. Some poor guy on a Vespa got cold and tried to pull off Skyline onto a soft shoulder right in front of me... hit the front brake on the gravel and went flying.  :o

Vespa was scratched up pretty good but he was ok. Gave him a ride down to San Mateo.

@Scooter

Let's do a run thru the Hills or back roads sometime.   :stayinlane:

blown motor

Quote from: Topcat on March 13, 2021, 10:30:25 PM
Drove it Friday and threw the Hammer down really hard.
Probably one of the hardest since I owned it.

Those road tattoo's will be leaving some wondering,...WTH did that? 

Notice new Bubble number 2 on it now.   

@Topcat  No pictures, no proof!  :pokeeye:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Topcat

Not smart returning to the scene of the Crime.

Anyone leaving Gilroy heading South bound on Monterey Hwy,  PM me. I need a pic.

Scooter

Quote from: Topcat on March 13, 2021, 10:37:07 PM
Quote from: Scooter on March 13, 2021, 06:00:48 PM

@Scooter

Let's do a run thru the Hills or back roads sometime.   :stayinlane:

I'd be totally down for that. My one legger 2.76 rear end does not leave a tatoo very often though.

I'll leave you to do the heavy lifting.  ;)