Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Quote from: Desmond on July 05, 2021, 03:24:10 PM
Yes, except for the go-wing "our"  :D car would have looked exactly like that one restored

Yea but @Desmond is THAT "our" car ? Did it not go to Sweden ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benguin

I finally swapped out my LH thread rear studs, so now am 100% RH, which will hopefully avoid future confusion for the "next generation" of Mopar owners. :-) 

Removed the grille and put the long time missing grille spacer kit in, along with replacing a "few" missing/incorrect pieces of fastening hardware.  In the process, saw just how bad the headlamp buckets had gotten, so stripped/wirebrushed/primed/painted those.

Also swapped out the dark argent wheel centers that were the superceded Chrysler parts back in 1980 for a proper 1970 light argent set. 

I'm getting there.  At this rate, it will be ready to roll by November. (ha!)

cuda hunter

Changed my main jets from 84 (3400)elevation to 82 for my elevation (7000) and will be changing the main jets up to 86's when I get down to 450' elevation (carlisle).  It was nice to drive it around at 7000' without it being rich. 
I couldn't get pro-series main jets in the short notice so I put regular holley jets in  until I can get some pro-series jets. 

I loaded it on the trailer. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Montclaire

Well, I was hoping to get my new rear main seal in, but I noticed a small crack in the shoulder of one of the retainer bolts.  Back to the internet to order two more.  So I switched gears and painted my new 6 quart pan, made some quarter inch spacers for my power steering pump bracket, and mounted my water pump and housing.  I should have two different size heater hose nipples, but for some reason the housing does not (late 440).  Will have to pick up another one of those as well.   

anlauto

@soundcontrol if you ever see that white convertible again, try and get a picture of the VIN if you can please. :D
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

soundcontrol

Quote from: anlauto on July 05, 2021, 07:51:00 PM
@soundcontrol if you ever see that white convertible again, try and get a picture of the VIN if you can please. :D

Sure, a friend of mine owns it. But it's not restored by you, my friend did it himself, and it's not finished yet, has no top, not even a frame etc. I saw it in pieces a year ago.

anlauto

Quote from: soundcontrol on July 06, 2021, 01:56:47 AM
Quote from: anlauto on July 05, 2021, 07:51:00 PM

Sure, a friend of mine owns it. But it's not restored by you, my friend did it himself, and it's not finished yet, has no top, not even a frame etc. I saw it in pieces a year ago.

I know it's not restored by me, but I was wondering if he, or someone bought it out of Canada, Newfoundland to be exact ? If so, member Desmond and I, use to own it.

jimynick

It was about 90F here today and the garage was a "cool" 75 or so; so the 4 hours of block sanding dust, stuck nicely. I got the deck lid into 4-500 and most of the lft door and fndr as well. There's no respite, it just has to get done, as the clock's ticking. I'm finding that the 24" block tells a different story than the 12 and I'm glad there seems to be enough primer (so far!) on it to get where I need to go. I'm also beginning to think that maybe I'm being too fussy, but I just can't seem to cut the corners to speed this up. It's not going to be a Chip Foose example, but at the end of the day, I've got to please myself, so...........  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

rikkitik

Got it buttoned back up. After cam break-in, had to take it down to reinstall the inner valve springs.

soundcontrol

Putting brand new emblems on a ratty car, was gonna save them to I restore it, but it will be years and years... :dunno:

dmastr3665

well today I got my car back from a friend who welded on my phantasm wheel flares, I know a lot of you are going to hate messing up a cuda But it was a base model 1974 318cu that i started with to make my phantasm clone not a real 71.

jimynick

Between yesterday and today, I put in about 7-8hrs final prepping my old crate. I mentioned in a prior post that I hoped I'd put on the last primer, and that proved to be the jinx, because I couldn't block out 2 spots in the rt door and ended up puttying them, which will require a skosh more primer. God help me!  :headbang: We're on the final stretch though, and I'm not going to let the old, recalcitrant SOB beat me regardless of how much more primer it takes!! The thought of taking my sanding blocks and having a wee, sacrificial fire out the back of the garage HAS passed through my mind, but my Scottish heritage will probably not allow for that. Och ,no! LOL  :cheers:

jimynick

Be still, my beating heart! Today we loaded the Challenger on a flatbed and took it out to the paint shop! This has a surreal edge to it for me, as it's been nearly two years, in my own paint jail as I thrashed and thrashed and..... well, you get it. When I left her, she was sitting coyly, all masked up and waiting for action, which she'll get, in the morn. The plan is to give it to her in the cool, early part of the day and one can only hope that the roofers, who were cutting holes in the roof as we prepped Old Betsy, have done their thing and - bugger'd off! While being, very politely and kindly given to understand that my presence was not required in the booth, I shall nonetheless nip over towards noon to see how she looks! It has a Christmas air to it, for me. "with bated breath......" :wave:

FF376

Hit the local cruise last night with about 150 cars and the 10th anniversary Cars and Coffee Richmond this morning with around 500 showing up! Only E Body at either but last night this awesome fresh out the shed 66 Plymouth was there. Original paint and interior. New Mexico car last registered and then stored in Texas. Little to no rust anywhere. 426 Hemi with s 4speed. Still has ancient headers and the tow bar mounts on the bumper. Looks like someone just parked it years ago after a night at the track and forgot about it. Tons of cool details....

jimynick

You know that old Carly Simon song, Anticipation? Well, I've gotten a much better appreciation for it. As mentioned, last Saturday I went out to the shop wanting to see my baby all painted, but when I got there, the painter's dad said he'd gotten his son to help him finish a couple of cars in the shop and that his son was in the booth with my old girl. Coming back a few hours later, thinking it'd all be done by now, they both said it would be "bad luck" to go in the booth to see it! WTF? I've seen literally thousands of cars in paint booths, but suspecting they had something in mind, I said, "OK, see ya Monday" and buggered off. Today I went back to the shop and there she was! Gleamin' black in the hot sun. The first thing I did was run an eye down her now black and shiny flanks and it was a relief to see that I won't have to turn in my bodyman's licence just yet. They'd stripped most of 'er and washed her and even cleaned the 1/2 lb of dust off each wheel! Matt, the owner offered me a job! LOL No thanks. If I don't wield a sanding block for awhile, that'll be alright with me! Now for the 2 days to re-assemble it while trying to not screw up the new paint job. If I could figure out how to post pics here, I'd do so- however..... It continues!  :cheers: