Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor, RJChallenger, RUNCHARGER and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Cudajason

Quote from: 7E-Bodies on November 16, 2021, 08:14:42 PM
Got my fresh NM 440 back from the engine shop after a 26 month wait. Turned a nice dyno and sounded amazing. Original carb, intake and exhaust manifolds.

26 months....why so long?!?!?!?!?!
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

7E-Bodies

@Cuda jason it was insane. First, the shop lives on race car income. In fairness to them, I did agree that my engine would get set aside when that season peaked. Also the shop got bought out and the original owner became an employee (per sale contract). Then the original owner (that I insisted do my entire build, about died of a gall bladder rupture and was off a few months in a problematic recovery. Then of course supply issues over the illegal lockdowns...on and on. But the dyno was a thrill and I have it back. I wish I could post the dyno video on here.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

soundcontrol

Put the Barracuda in the shop for a week, to dry out after I found a leak in the trunk after some heavy rain, it was all wet in there. The other cars are patiently waiting for me to get inspiration to continue working. It will happen soon. Then moved the Barracuda to its final winter storage, a friends big garage.

dodj

@soundcontrol
Is that the barracuda that used to be yellow? or yellowish? Maybe beige?
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

soundcontrol

Quote from: dodj on November 20, 2021, 01:21:37 PM
@soundcontrol
Is that the barracuda that used to be yellow? or yellowish? Maybe beige?

Yep, lemon twist barnfind when I got it in 2020. Daily rat driver now. Someday I will restore it unless I change my mind....again.  :)

dodj

Looks like the previous owner had a depth perception problem.....Ran into a lot o stuff..
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

jimynick

I took the old gal out to the gas station after having given her a few good swigs of Stabil and topped up the gas tank with some hi-test no-alky gas for her sleepy time. In the spirit that no good deed shall go unpunished, the speedo started buzzing and the needle jumping around, so I guess I'll need to pull the cables and see what's up; hopefully, it'll just be a inner cable that needs greasing. Please God   :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

dodj

Quote from: jimynick on November 21, 2021, 05:28:48 PM
it'll just be a inner cable that needs greasing. Please God   :cheers:
Winter project...

chargerdon

Saturday i took the Challenger to Raleigh and drover her in the Xmas parade !!!   

Happy that it went the entire 2 mile parade route without overheating !!  It helped that it was a 48 degree day and kept the heater on high !!

Loved all the kids lining the streets and yelling...look mommy its a purple car !!   and the younger guys yelling ..rev her up !!   and then giving the thumbs up when i did.   Reving her hard seem to help as even thou it didnt overheat about every 10 mins idle would get rough like it was loading up, so good rev helped her.     

Will drive her in the Apex, NC night time xmas parade again on Dec 4'th.   

Cudajason

Man had to go to page 10 to find this thread!!

Winter has set in here, so I got the old girl up in the air for the winter and started on my winter project.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

jimynick

As Jason mentioned, today it got a wee bit snowy, so I jacked the old gal up and proceeded to unhook the speedo cable, Oh, what fun it was to contort my poor old back under the dash and I'd forgotten that a pair of rubber arms could be a good thing as I worked to unlatch the cable at the speedo. I finally got both ends loose and pulled the inner cable, washed it with thinners and then Lubriplated the living bejeezus out of it and stuffed it back in the sheath. Hooking the speedo end back in, it was with great glee that I found the trans end locked up and I had to re-remove the speedo end and give it a few twists before reconnecting it at the speedo again. When I crawled back under for the 6-7th time, it was pleasing to see that the inner cable now at least turned! I reinstalled the trans end and then spent nearly an hour trying to get the rubber ferule back in the hole in the firewall, but it's really close to a brake line and impossible to get a hand on it sufficiently without removing either the headers or a torsion bar and I swore (a bunch) that that wasn't going to happen! Jacked up the rear wheels and fired it up and thank God, it seemed to be better as I wound it up to 70mph while praying the old gal didn't come off the stands and convey my through the garage wall into the back yard! It then seemed to be an occasion for a "cleansing lager"! Amen!! :cheers:

dodj

70mph on jack stands... :o.  Did you wear a helmet just in case?

340challconvert

Finally completed the right side quarter panel patch on the A66 vert after finishing the left side patch!

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

jimynick

Quote from: dodj on November 28, 2021, 07:37:25 PM
70mph on jack stands... :o.  Did you wear a helmet just in case?

Nah, besides, the garage door could stand to be wider anyways.  ;)  Today I went and bought some 80-90 GL5 gear lube and thought I'd try out my nice, new, shiny, cheap suction gun and change the diff fluid. I must've bumped my head too many times yesterday. After cursing the F'n idiot who'd cranked the diff plug in so that I had to get a foot up on the diff to crack it- oh, wait, that idiot was me! nevermind. Getting my new tool, I attempted to jam it's 5/8ths rubber hose into the very bowels of my poor old 8.75 and was thrilled to see it suck up some of the old fluid; that is, until said fluid began to pee out the hole where the pump rod came! Yanking the hose out and tipping the barrel upwards allowed me to enjoy the sight of the old oil now peeing out the front of it! WTF?! Then began an episode that will probably leave some kind of mental scarring, as I sucked out what I could, spilling all the way, and then poured the SG additive in a litre container, adding new fluid and sucked/leaked/ the first of 4 loads back into the diff, with the attendant pissing of fluid down/up my arms as I laid on the garage floor and got to roll in the stuff. Oh! What fun! After I got enough new fluid in to run out the hole and had re-installed the plug, it was then my opportunity to use nearly two cans of brake cleaner to try to swab off the sea (actually just a large puddle) of old and new fluid that was lubing my garage floor and softening my skin! The attendant stress, required alcohol and cigars to alleviate, as I thanked the mechanical gods that I likely wouldn't EVER need to do that again!  :looney:  How was YOUR day?  :cheers:

70vert

Didn't get any pics, but it was 70 & sunny today in Houston so took mine out running errands   :)