Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda dad

I know it probably sounds stupid but I used Non-Residue Duct Tape to hopefully get a few more years out of my original 47-year-old Trunk Mat.

6bblgt

:thinking: that mat is probably worth 10 new reproductions  :banana:  it would stay in my trunk also

71GranCoupe

That mat looks great.  :alan2cents: Even in my pampered car when I got it in 1980, the trunk mat had to be swept up in a dust pant. That is a keeper for sure. Just be careful what you place on it.  :cheers:

76orangewagon

I decided to change out the engine oil and coolant even though I was told they were recently changed (last September) when I bought back after 26 years.No surprise...... I only got 3 1/2 quarts of the blackest oil I've ever seen. I added back in 5 quarts of Lucas hot Rod 10W30 with high zinc I also swapped out the Napa hoses for correctly stamped & numbered ones and tried to detail out the engine so It looks somewhat presentable this season before the teardown and restoration next year. Considering I built and installed this engine 27 years ago ant the fact that the shaker will cover most of the top end I can live with it for now.

YellowThumper

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 19, 2017, 03:10:59 PM
Buttoned up the wiring on my electric fans. Went to Tractor Supply and bought some Rotella elc coolant. Have not added it yet. Gonna wait until I have time to properly fire it up and test the repaired rad leaks.

Soon...........
I am feeling like this because it has been so  long :drunk:

Filled her up took a short stint around the block. Small leak somewhere around the lower hose connection. Tightened it up, but then had a leak dripping from somewhere else...
In disgust I parked it back in the garage put drip pans under it and closed the door.

Later on I did go and look. It appears the 2nd leak might have been from overflow tank. Either it is leaking or it purged some. Due to the (eventual) turbo conversion, it is mounted in front of the core support. It dripped on inside of lower front valance and ran to center of car and out a hole there.
First leak where I just tightened the hose also appears to not dripping now but it is no longer under pressure from running. Unfortunately area is not really visible due to all my add on relocation brackets and fans.

So at the end of this I may or may not have a leak...

Signed:
Frustrated!
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 21, 2017, 09:05:40 PM
Buttoned up the wiring on my electric fans. Went to Tractor Supply and bought some Rotella elc coolant. Have not added it yet. Gonna wait until I have time to properly fire it up and test the repaired rad leaks.

Soon...........

Filled her up took a short stint around the block. Small leak somewhere around the lower hose connection. Tightened it up, but then had a leak dripping from somewhere else...
In disgust I parked it back in the garage put drip pans under it and closed the door.

Later on I did go and look. It appears the 2nd leak might have been from overflow tank. Either it is leaking or it purged some. Due to the (eventual) turbo conversion, it is mounted in front of the core support. It dripped on inside of lower front valance and ran to center of car and out a hole there.
First leak where I just tightened the hose also appears to not dripping now but it is no longer under pressure from running. Unfortunately area is not really visible due to all my add on relocation brackets and fans.

Signed:
Frustrated!

It's not leaking, it's marking it's territory... Drive the damn thing & keep an eye on the fluid levels....

HUSTLESTUFF

I painted all the steering column parts and some trim. Drank a few sold beers and watched street outlaws

YellowThumper

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on May 21, 2017, 09:56:21 PM
Quote from: YellowThumper on May 21, 2017, 09:05:40 PM

Soon...........

Signed:
Frustrated!

It's not leaking, it's marking it's territory... Drive the damn thing & keep an eye on the fluid levels....

Wish it was just a marking. Confirmed it is a leak. Seeping out of same place that was supposedly repaired. Guess I will bite the bullet and buy another.
Big sigh  :verymad:

Mike.

Cuda Cody

That sucks.  :Thud:

Quote from: YellowThumper on May 22, 2017, 09:18:12 PM

Wish it was just a marking. Confirmed it is a leak. Seeping out of same place that was supposedly repaired. Guess I will bite the bullet and buy another.
Big sigh  :verymad:

shawge

Got the Challenger running on EFI over the weekend. Open headers so it's a bit loud. 451, MegaSquirt, 55# Motorcraft injectors, D585 coils in wasted spark.  Now to wrap those wires and tune, tune, tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVjgqi01kgU

1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Cuda Cody

The Beast, it lives!!!     :clapping:

Think I can hear that monster from my house.   :bigthumb:

shawge

Thanks Cody. It was a good feeling to finally root cause why it wouldn't start. My wife and kids (and me!) had  blast hearing it start. 
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

1 Wild R/T

Awesome!!!!! Brought a big smile to me.... Sounds great & we know it's only gonna get better...

CudaMoparRay

Buying grade 8 bolts, lock washers and washers for my new clutch fan setup getting ready for another new radiator installation.

YellowThumper

Quote from: shawge on May 23, 2017, 10:12:44 AM
Thanks Cody. It was a good feeling to finally root cause why it wouldn't start. My wife and kids (and me!) had  blast hearing it start.

Awesome to hear. Congratulations!  :bradsthumb:
Now for the jealousy part. Had mine wired to the same point where I should have fired and couldn't get past the hump for some reason.
Keep us posted on the progress.

Mike.