Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on May 29, 2017, 06:44:33 PM
Got 'er out and got stuck for better than a half an hour on the hill going out of town in the heat. It didn't seem to overheat but it did backfire once pretty good and now it doesn't want to idle. SOB! I wonder if it popped the power valve?  :rolleyes:

Older Holley? Probably... They've had blowout protection since the 90's

YellowThumper

Quote from: Brads70 on May 29, 2017, 04:03:05 PM
Pulled the rad to try and fix a leak.....  :pullinghair:

Feel for you on this. My only 2 year old one sprung a leak. pulled it and spent $100 having it repaired only to have it leak more when reinstalled. :pullinghair:

Update is I bought a new replacement installed it today and filled it up.  :wrenching:
No leaks evident.  :cheers:
Will get to test and drive it in the next couple of days.  :bradsthumb:
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

JS29

Soaked my right E brake cable in fuel oil, freed it up and now it works.  :wrenching:

torredcuda

Put on some new to me wheels and tires, way past due to get rid of the old wheels and new rear tires were needed anyway. Bought these off a buddy who had them on his Challenger, gonna take some getting used to but I like `em.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

Cuda Cody

Brads70

Quote from: torredcuda on May 30, 2017, 04:02:46 PM
Put on some new to me wheels and tires, way past due to get rid of the old wheels and new rear tires were needed anyway. Bought these off a buddy who had them on his Challenger, gonna take some getting used to but I like `em.

Gotta get Tom to register on here!  ;)

usraptor

Quote from: torredcuda on May 30, 2017, 04:02:46 PM

Those wheels look very similar to the ones I installed on my original '70 'Cuda.

To answer the thread question; after getting my passenger window regulator and glass installed with the help of Alan and Cody, I sanded out the dings and scratches in the upper weatherstrip channeling SS and then polished it to a mirror finish.  Need to buy some new foam insulation for the channeling and after I get the new weatherstripping from Year One I'll install the channeling and new weatherstripping and then adjust the door glass.

blown motor

I took Nina out for a run. First time since I took her out of storage about three weeks ago. She was feeling neglected but she's happier now.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

jimynick

Checked with a buddy and he turned me on to this guy in town who has a complete engine machine shop that's actually in the same building I worked in in 1978 and he sold me a new power valve and some gaskets and I pulled the carb and changed it out. When I fired it up, I noticed (barely- going deaf ya know) a whistle and finally found it was coming from the vacumn tee on the backfire valve at the brake MC, it'd blown the rubber cap clear off! Plugged that up and set the float levels, which were too high and then pulled the battery and sanded/primed the new battery tray that was already starting to rust if you can believe that?! Painted it and then gravelguarded it as well. Think I hear a bearing noise coming from the alternator now- it never stops, eh? Can anybody tell me the model of the alternator? It's a 74 Challenger 360 Rallye, so I can try to track down a spare.  :looney:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

blown motor

You're scaring me Ian.  :(  Cruise is in 2 1/2 weeks.

I know a guy that could redo your old one if you want to go that route. He just redid a wiper motor on a 62 Jag for a friend of mine. That's right, you're not my only friend.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Grey torque twist ? They look real good !

Cuda Cody

@jimynick  most parts houses should have a over the counter alternator if you're just looking for a spare.  Rock Auto has a bunch too.  You get 5% off too using the EBODIES discount code:

http://www.rockauto.com/?a=ebodies

Quote from: jimynick on May 30, 2017, 06:58:52 PM
Can anybody tell me the model of the alternator? It's a 74 Challenger 360 Rallye, so I can try to track down a spare.  :looney:

jimynick

Thanks Cody! Mitchell Generators around here were recommended to me and upon going there, it turns out the guy and I share several friends and he had a double pulleyed square back alternator with the two field plugs I need and he basically gave it to me for $60 Cndn. That's about $12.50 USD  ;) I also finally got the schmutz off my dash pad and tried to see if one of the 2 shrouds I have will fit, but no dice. The rad straps have the shroud mounting holes about 26" apart, but one side is about 13" and the other about 14" between the vertical holes. Anybody got an idea what's up with that?  :notsure:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

I think that is right actually although I don't have one to look at right now.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Another day of driving it.... Just like yesterday.... Like a broken record.... I need to give it a bath.... Spent a week detailing it prior to Spring Fling only to drive it 70 miles in the rain.... Haven't really cleaned it up since...