Main Menu

What did you do with your ebody/Mopar today?

Started by Brads70, March 21, 2017, 03:19:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

I dont blame you for buying that challenger.  Looks real nice.  Congratulations.  I hope you get to enjoy it.  How about Herbs?

http://www.herbsparts.com/products.asp?cat=829

I have never bought this paint, but some say its good.  Maybe @anlauto can chime in?

anlauto

Quote from: cudaragtop on March 27, 2018, 07:42:54 PM
Need to find a source for Burnt Orange interior paint/dye for the dash, console, steering column and front kick panels.
What have you guys with Burnt Orange interiors used?
I've had no luck searching for SEM Burnt Orange.  :pullinghair:

Herb's has exactly what you need :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaragtop

Quote from: anlauto on March 28, 2018, 03:54:03 AM
Quote from: cudaragtop on March 27, 2018, 07:42:54 PM
Need to find a source for Burnt Orange interior paint/dye for the dash, console, steering column and front kick panels.
What have you guys with Burnt Orange interiors used?
I've had no luck searching for SEM Burnt Orange.  :pullinghair:

Herb's has exactly what you need :alan2cents:
Thanks Alan, knew you would know where to get correct Burnt Orange.
$18.00 per can... Okay sure but $25.00 USD to mail 2 rattle cans!  :bricks:
Having trouble clicking the checkout button for that much.
Doesn't look like any others unless I want it mixed in a can for a spray gun.   :takemymoney:

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

anlauto

Probably because its dangerous goods ? They can't even ship it across the border.... :crying:

Maybe you're better buying 6 cans (1 case) as far as shipping is concerned.

My opinion....PICK UP THE PHONE and talk to Ruth or Herb, ask them if that's the best deal they can do on shipping....I don't trust those "on-line" calculators... :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HP_Cuda

Finally finished my interior. None done right isn't worth doing three times eh?

Well at least I know how to put together the interior blindfolded now.  :whiteflag:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

340challconvert

I bought restoration paints from Dave at Totally Auto in Pennsylvania at $25. per can
and the shipping costs were $13 per can. (insane)

I live about 1 1/2 hour drive from them in northern New Jersey and opted to drive to Pa. to pick up a case of different paints.  Used less then 1/2 tank of gas and it was cheaper then paying for the shipping.

I know not everyone can drive to pick up the paint but the shipping is out of control.
I do think it has something to do with shipping aerosol cans, even from state to state, with US to Canada even higher. :takemymoney:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

nsmall

Pretty sure they cant fly spray paint, at least here in the states.

Buying some paint will be cheaper vs buying new interior pieces, right?

My experience showed me cleaning the panels with some SEM soap and using SEM plastic adhesion promoter helped out.

blown motor

I took her out for a little video practice this evening. We have plans to make a few more this summer. Here's a snip-it of what we have happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4sZ-KbkQbE

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

draginmopars

73 Cuda- stripping it for a ride on the rotisserie 
Ha-Ha Racin
Havin "Fun" 101
Howard

nsmall

@blown motor   how about some sound and a nasty burn out?  Looking forward to more.

blown motor

@nsmall the drone belongs to my daughter's boyfriend. He just got it so we were practicing with it last night, there's a lot to learn. I'm not sure if it records sound. We now have two GoPros and a drone so we should be able to get some good footage this summer. Hoping to make three or four videos at least. They take a lot of time. Plus you have to get all the people together at a planned time and have the weather co-operate. I think I have some cool camera shots planned. As for a burn-out........ :vipermanhiding:   :D
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

HUSTLESTUFF

Vinyl top and headliner Wednesday Stripe Thursday

CudaMoparRay

GoodysGotaCuda

An American flag reflection in the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Took my 14 yo niece, 12 yo niece and 6 yo nephew for their first ride in the 73 !
All my nephew kept saying is "this car is fast "!
He is the one I gave the 67-440 to 1- 1/2 years ago , was @303 Mopar  engine from his Charger.