Previous topic Next topic

ToxicWolf

Todays pictures of the TanksInc install are below:

1. hoses installed on tank
2. holes cut and grommets placed for the hoses
3. tank installed
4. door over tank

soundcontrol

That seems like a very good idea. I get the same tank waiting. Can just imagine having a problem with the pump or sending unit and having to drop the whole tank.....

70chall440

Quote from: soundcontrol on February 20, 2017, 11:15:51 AM
That seems like a very good idea. I get the same tank waiting. Can just imagine having a problem with the pump or sending unit and having to drop the whole tank.....

Yes, yes I can... been there done that.. My tank leaked or more correctly sprayed fuel, had to drop the tank 3 times in all to get it sorted. The trap door would have helped but not fixed my issue I don't think. Either way, it is on my list of things to get and install.
Mopar or no car!!!

ToxicWolf

All finished. No leaks.  When you start the pump with the trunk open, you can hear a light hum. When you start the engine, all you hear is the Hemi Orchestra playing its music.  Couldn't be happier.  :woohoo:

Thank you Roadman.  :waving:

Roadman

It was my pleasure .                 :drinkingbud:

Roadman

Quote from: Brads70 on February 19, 2017, 10:44:18 AM
Quote from: ToxicWolf on February 19, 2017, 06:59:58 AM
The access door came in so Roadman is putting it in.

Looks great, post up some pictures when you get the tank installed.  :bradsthumb:
I figured I would use panel bond stuff on mine?  I guess pop rivets would work too?

I installed the access door today, used 3M doubled sided tape. Strong stuff, plus it sealed the outer perimeter nicely.  The top of the tank is so close to trunk floor I didn't want to use screws or rivits.

Brads70

I went to install the stainless trapdoor I got awhile back from Tanks Inc. which will require me to cut part of the spare tire bracket off. I moved the stud to the other location and test fitted the tire in that other location and I don't think that will work for me as it puts the spare at a weird angle and it moves/rocks no matter how tight I get the big wing nut?
Anyone else run into this issue?

A.Gramz

Brads70

ToxicWolf

Quote from: Brads70 on April 07, 2017, 02:39:31 PM
I went to install the stainless trapdoor I got awhile back from Tanks Inc. which will require me to cut part of the spare tire bracket off. I moved the stud to the other location and test fitted the tire in that other location and I don't think that will work for me as it puts the spare at a weird angle and it moves/rocks no matter how tight I get the big wing nut?

Take a look at the pictures we put up on page 3.  Tire went right back where it was.

Brads70

Quote from: ToxicWolf on April 08, 2017, 11:42:35 AM
Quote from: Brads70 on April 07, 2017, 02:39:31 PM

Take a look at the pictures we put up on page 3.  Tire went right back where it was.

I tried that but my spare mounts in the lower position, in the upper position it rocks. Maybe it the spare I'm using? Its a Ford Lincoln space saver aluminum.  Like Gramz said I could make a wedge. When I started this it started snowing so I guess that's what frustrated me and I went back inside!  :-[

ToxicWolf

That could be it.  It have the little mini spare back there.   :thinking:

1 Wild R/T

On a convertible you position the jack hook under the front edge of the spare to level it out... Might try that on yours....

GoodysGotaCuda

Tanks Inc tank, JakeFab puck, Aeromotive Stealth 340lph pump, marine style sending unit.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Brads70

Looks nice! First thing that jumped out at me is.... that clear line , is it compatible with fuel so it won't break down?