Main Menu

My trip to Ben Snobar's place (lots of photos)

Started by Cuda Cody, June 16, 2017, 07:17:00 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I think they are reproductions.  Not sure if those will be in the auction because they might be part of his business.  The business will not be sold in the auction.

Quote from: fc7cuda on June 17, 2017, 05:52:46 AM
@Cuda Cody are those TA air cleaner bases in your pic originals?

Cuda Cody

Don't recall seeing any of those...   :sorry:

Quote from: ec_co on June 17, 2017, 06:26:43 AM
I know its an extreme longshot (maybe not with the looks of things, lol) but if you happen to see a Hyperpack intake .... please let me know. I can certainly go aftermarket, but would prefer the factory intake ... they are pretty rare though

Cuda Cody

Yes, I think those are for sale too.

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 16, 2017, 10:54:03 PM
I notice that there is a lot of items that are non car related items.  Well, tools anyway.  Are the tools up for auction as well?
  How about all the other things like fluids, shelving, lighting, collectibles, etc. etc.

ViperMan

OH how I wish I could swoop in there and snag that '97 GTS Viper...  :)  Or even just one of the Viper V10's...  What would I do with it?  Who cares!!  Stick it in my lawn mower or something until I have a better purpose...  :)

rocketresto

Haven't seen much slant 6 stuff.  The majority of the tools will be in the auction and Ben had a lot of tools.  The only major things not in the auction are the lifts.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

rocketresto

No idea how many people will be there - could be a couple hundred, could be a couple thousand.  Ben had a lot of engines so if you want a complete big block they are going to go cheap.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

JS29

I wonder what the chances are my original engine might be there? 383 0E 103279! if you come across it @rocketresto please let me know.

cudajunction

We went to the out in the middle of nowhere auction in Brothers, OR that this auction company ran.  When we rolled up and got to looking around, we figured it was going to be one LONG day with all the stuff to sell.  Nope.  This auction company keeps things moving, they do not drag the bids out waiting for a extra $5, when things slow down, the hammer drops and it is on to the next lot.  I would not be surprised if they can do this in 2 days.

This has been very well advertised, I would guess there will be at least 1,000 attendees.

anlauto

I would go out on a limb and say that the entire Mopar community has heard of this auction by now unless you live under a rock. I will also say that most if not all serious Mopar parts buyers that can make it, will make it. You most likely won't get a "great" deal on the rare hard to find stuff or the quality cars, because of the above mentioned facts. What you might get a deal on is the common bottom feeder stuff.....even then there will be a lot of buyers bidding on that as well. I'm sure items like transmissions, engines, rear end pots that there are dozens and dozens of will be affordable.

I think the people who will be most upset are the auction hounds that go from estate auction to estate auction looking for cheap deals....they're not likely going to get anything if the car guys are there.

I'm sure a lot of the rare stuff will be just purchased by other part hoarders just to go home a sit in their barn until they die :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: anlauto on June 17, 2017, 12:47:19 PM

I'm sure a lot of the rare stuff will be just purchased by other part hoarders just to go home a sit in their barn until they die :'(

That's ok.  That just means that when I'm old there will still be parts hoards that get sold off and are able to be purchased later.  Hoarders are good for our car community. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

rocketresto

Getting a lot of "do you have my engine" questions - every VIN for every engine and trans will be posted before the auction so you will know.  We cannot sell you the part at this point but you can sure bid on it.
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

Shoooter

Quote from: rocketresto on June 17, 2017, 08:37:22 PM
Getting a lot of "do you have my engine" questions - every VIN for every engine and trans will be posted before the auction so you will know.  We cannot sell you the part at this point but you can sure bid on it.

It will be posted on the auction site. How long before the auction date or will they be undated as you go?

Cody if seems to be alot of people looking for there motors. Could we post our vin and hopefully someone can check?

Mine is 1b442466

Topcat

Quote from: rocketresto on June 17, 2017, 08:37:22 PM

Sounds like this is going to be a major event.

What websites is this being posted on?

10? 20? 30? or even more?

cudajunction

I have found this auction being advertised where there are a lot of Mopar eyeballs.  As @anlauto said, unless you are under a rock, there is no way to miss this. 

We are going and maybe @Cuda Cody would entertain a roll call. 

Cuda Cody

A roll call would be neat.  Not sure how many out of area people will be traveling, but I think a lot of the local people will be there.

Quote from: cudajunction on June 17, 2017, 09:40:49 PM
I have found this auction being advertised where there are a lot of Mopar eyeballs.  As @anlauto said, unless you are under a rock, there is no way to miss this. 

We are going and maybe @Cuda Cody would entertain a roll call.