Main Menu

727 Auto to 833 4 Speed Conversion

Started by 303 Mopar, April 10, 2017, 01:59:52 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Moparman82

When I come out in May dan, I think we need to run the Cuda and charger heads up, see which ones faster  :bradsthumb:
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

303 Mopar

Quote from: Moparman82 on April 16, 2017, 01:42:47 PM
When I come out in May dan, I think we need to run the Cuda and charger heads up, see which ones faster  :bradsthumb:

Sounds fun, and we will have your wife video us! The Cuda will get it off the line but the Charger just pulls all day.  No replacement for displacement!   :banana:

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Chryco Psycho

Cuda Cody

Moparman82

Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

303 Mopar

Well literally nothing has happened over the past week and a half.  First Gerald (@CudaKat) got a flu bug, enough to close the shop which never happens.  Then I came down with both the flu and pneumonia at the same time which put me flat on my back for the past 6 days.  Finally starting to feel better so I'm sure we will get back on it after catching up on some stuff.

1 Wild R/T

Forget the car, get yourself healthy... A relapse is far worse then a car that isn't finished...

soundcontrol

Yes, get better ! 
I had the flu in January, took me a month to get well, because I had to work anyways.

Chryco Psycho

Ok
I for one was wondering if you were alright .
get better/ both of you  :drinkingbud:

HP_Cuda

Get well Frazz, plenty o time to finish her up.

On a side note, I just grounded my CSS for the lack of a core and thought that I'd have a mishap along the way. But I'm happy to announce I've never tried to start her in gear.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Shane Kelley

Here's another way to do the floor hump without welding. That can be scary with sparks flying all over the interior. I did this conversion on a 70 Challenger. After I cut the floor I ground the surface of the floor and mating surface of the hump with 36 grit roloc disc. Test fit to make sure all your mating surfaces make good contact. You might need to hammer and dolly a little here and there. I used 3m slow drying panel bond and screwed into place with self tapping sheet metal screws. Let it set for 24 hrs and remove the screws. I scuffed the surface and seam sealed the joint and let it dry overnight. I finished up painting the seam sealer with a brush. I had already painted both sides of the hump prior to install.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration