Main Menu

Serious slowdown on the site today

Started by HP_Cuda, September 20, 2018, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

:pullinghair:  Anyone know a PHP developer?  I can not figure out why the PHP files are not working sometimes and other times they are fine.  2 hours on the phone with hosting company and they can't find the problem.   :headbang:

Rev-It-Up

I thought it was just my computer, so I rebooted.  Nope...it's slow.  Like, 1995 slow.  :unbelievable:
Rev-It-Up

Brads70

I'm sorry for you Cody, must be super frustrating and taking up your valuable time !
Thanks for hanging in there!  :console: :slapme5:

71-440

I had issues last night. Took a long time to load topics.

Joe

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

https://www.lifewire.com/php-file-4138559
I see where the PHO is related to the Apache.
From the link ,maybe a file extension is misnamed .
I know nothing other than what was read in the link.

Brads70

@Cuda Cody   FYI it seems slow tonight loading pages, says "waiting for ebodies.org"

6bblgt

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71-440

Quote from: blown motor on April 06, 2019, 05:49:15 PM
Slower than a Ford here too.

And a Chebby.

About 15 seconds to load after a click.
Joe

Cuda Cody

Thank you guys for the heads up.  We are going to be moving servers to solve this issue.  I've been doing some testing to figure out what it is and we now know exactly what is causing it.  It's kinda like this....

There's a lot of different hosting server levels and they are a lot like places we live throughout out lives.  The super cheap hosting server plans are like living at home with your parents.  There's a ton of rules, we get very little space and we hope to grow to the point that you can move out.  Then we get the the servers that are like living in an apartment.  Those cost a bit more and we can have a little more room, but still not "our server" since we share a close space and if anyone in our apartment server makes noise everyone hears it and we all suffer.

Then there's the Condo server (VPS) and that's where we are now.  There's a higher quality of tenants because we all pay more and have a bigger portion of the server.  But when we make a lot of noise we still all pay the price be being slowed down as they limit the noise we can make.  For 2 months I turned off the google ability to index us and that sped everything up since we stopped making so much "noise".  But we stopped showing up on google searches and the income from the ads plummeted.  So our only option is to go to our very own server (which is like owning our own house).  We can make noise and we will not be slowed down by having to share space.

So this is what I'm working on.  We will be moving the site to our very own server.  I'm still working the details out, but I hope to have the move done in the next week.  The site will go down during the middle of the night while we move it, but when it comes back up it will be super fast and we will not have to limit google from searching us.  There's a ton of upside to having our own server and I look forward to sharing good news about the move very soon.

Thank you all for understanding and hanging with me while I figured this out.  I promise I will make it better for everyone really soon.  Don't give up on me yet.   :grouphug:

blown motor

@Cuda Cody Thanks for all you do for this site. How does this move effect us financially? I for one, would be willing to contribute if needed to make this happen. Just say the word.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

CudamanTom

Ditto and I'm all for a contribution to help. :wave:

Quote from: blown motor on April 06, 2019, 07:24:59 PM
@Cuda Cody Thanks for all you do for this site. How does this move effect us financially? I for one, would be willing to contribute if needed to make this happen. Just say the word.
71 Cuda Vert (clone) - 440/4 Black/Black
71 Cuda Hardtop - 440/4 Sassy Grass green/Black
70 Cuda Vert - 340/6 Rally Red/White (Previously Owned)

RUNCHARGER

You're doing the E-body hobby a great service Cody. Everyone appreciates your contribution greatly and it will be the go to resource for years to come.
Sheldon