Main Menu

Site Update

Started by Cuda Cody, November 20, 2023, 04:41:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Just looked over the latest theme update and I'm running it on my view now.  It's looking awesome!  I've asked the programmer to make a couple small updates before we roll it out live to everyone.  Get your motors running!  :burnout:  We're almost ready to go.  :popcorn:

Jay Bee

Thanks for improving the "Home" button too, it doesn't open a second window anymore. Great job on all the work. Maybe that crash was a blessing in disguise, ie: no more site slowdowns.

cuda hunter

I am happy with the progress.  Thanks a bunch! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MoparLeo

Probably an obvious question. Will the programer be able to set you up with regular, automatic backups in case of a server crash ?
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

Cuda Cody

Yes, we have a backup of the forum database, however the big issue we faced this time was the move to a new server did not support the older PHP we ran so the look and feel of the design we had before was not possible with the new server.  And we needed a new dedicated server to improve the speed.  But have no fear!  The new forum design is ready!   :banana:

Quote from: MoparLeo on November 25, 2023, 08:03:54 PMProbably an obvious question. Will the programer be able to set you up with regular, automatic backups in case of a server crash ?

Cuda Cody

@larry4406  can you check your bookmarks again.  Should be working now.

Quote from: larry4406 on November 22, 2023, 09:27:57 AMI just discovered that all of the book marks I have saved over the years to this site no longer take me to the actual marked thread!

Instead it takes me to "updated topics".

I have book marks drilled down to dash, interior, door panel restoration, clocks, etc.  Now they point no where but to the "updated topics" page.  Ugh.  I hope this can be fixed.  I feel like my library just burned down.

larry4406

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 26, 2023, 02:00:14 PM@larry4406  can you check your bookmarks again.  Should be working now.

Quote from: larry4406 on November 22, 2023, 09:27:57 AMI just discovered that all of the book marks I have saved over the years to this site no longer take me to the actual marked thread!

Instead it takes me to "updated topics".

I have book marks drilled down to dash, interior, door panel restoration, clocks, etc.  Now they point no where but to the "updated topics" page.  Ugh.  I hope this can be fixed.  I feel like my library just burned down.

All is good!  Library is restored!  Thanks!