Main Menu

Site Update

Started by Cuda Cody, November 20, 2023, 04:41:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

We have a really cool theme designed working on getting us back to the theme look that we had before.  We are slowly working on getting the modifications made to the forum that made our site easy to use.  The main one that everyone seemed to like was how easy it was to upload photos.  Right now it's back to the stock limits and required us to resize them before we upload.  That's a pain!  :pullinghair:  The old modification that fixed that does not work on our version so I'm working on finding someone to help us fix that. 

We do have a way to flip our own images now!  After you upload a photo, click on the "MORE" tab in the bottom right corner of your post and you'll see the "IMAGE ROTATION" icon (only if you have a photo uploaded).  That takes you to the edit page where you can use the little fly-out at the bottom flip and rotate your photo in any direction!  :banana:

More updates to come!

Spikedog08

Thanks CudaCody!!! For all you do!!
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

larry4406

I just discovered that all of the book marks I have saved over the years to this site no longer take me to the actual marked thread!

Instead it takes me to "updated topics".

I have book marks drilled down to dash, interior, door panel restoration, clocks, etc.  Now they point no where but to the "updated topics" page.  Ugh.  I hope this can be fixed.  I feel like my library just burned down.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: larry4406 on November 22, 2023, 09:27:57 AMI just discovered that all of the book marks I have saved over the years to this site no longer take me to the actual marked thread!

I have book marks drilled down to dash, interior, door panel restoration, clocks, etc.  Now they point no where but to the "updated topics" page.  Ugh.  I hope this can be fixed.  I feel like my library just burned down.

Yep we are seeing this on the backend too. It has to do with an SEO mod not being installed currently. We will need to get the latest version downloaded and installed.

This is on the list and sorry for the inconvenience.

larry4406

Quote from: TwitchisMental on November 22, 2023, 09:46:01 AM
Quote from: larry4406 on November 22, 2023, 09:27:57 AMI just discovered that all of the book marks I have saved over the years to this site no longer take me to the actual marked thread!

Yep we are seeing this on the backend too. It has to do with an SEO mod not being installed currently. We will need to get the latest version downloaded and installed.

Thanks!  I assume then in due time the links will be restored?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: larry4406 on November 22, 2023, 10:07:55 AM
Quote from: TwitchisMental on November 22, 2023, 09:46:01 AM

Thanks!  I assume then in due time the links will be restored?

That would be correct.

7E-Bodies

This has got to be a crazy process and I thank all involved for their work!
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Brads70

I tried to post a picture last nite but came up with an error that it was too big? It's from my cell phone? Not sure how to resize? Just thought I'd mention the issue.  :cheers:

Jay Bee

Yeah, the old format resized large pics automatically to be postable. My phone's camera is set to the lowest resolution and yet some pictures are 3M+. I usually email them to myself, download, then resize them.

blown motor

@Brads70 If you edit the picture to trim off all the edges as much as you can it will reduce the size and let you post. Must be under 2 kb or mb or one of those.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Cuda Cody

@Brads70  yes, getting the easy photo upload is on the list to do.   :yes:   It's a for sure thing we must get fixed!

TwitchisMental

Alright the max upload size for attachments has been raised to 40MB. This should be good for most pictures. If not we can raise it again haha.

Cuda Cody

Things are about to get back to normal... well, better than normal!   :banana:   Super happy we can post photos easily again!  :woohoo:   And from what I can tell all the site delay issues we had with the old theme forum are now gone.   :fingerscrossed:   @TwitchisMental  has built us a super cool forum that he will roll out in the near future.  Can't wait for you guys to see what he's done.   :veryexcited:

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 23, 2023, 09:25:50 AMThings are about to get back to normal... well, better than normal!   :banana:   Super happy we can post photos easily again!  :woohoo:   And from what I can tell all the site delay issues we had with the old theme forum are now gone.   :fingerscrossed:   @TwitchisMental  has built us a super cool forum that he will roll out in the near future.  Can't wait for you guys to see what he's done.   :veryexcited:

This is in testing phase as we speak... and I have already found some color issues haha.

Brads70

Quote from: TwitchisMental on November 23, 2023, 08:53:42 AMAlright the max upload size for attachments has been raised to 40MB. This should be good for most pictures. If not we can raise it again haha.

That worked ! Thanks!