Main Menu

Artificial Intelligence, your thoughts .

Started by Roadman, August 06, 2017, 04:19:56 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

Quote from: Roadman on August 13, 2017, 03:48:20 PM
     I've been looking at the Amazon Echo and the Google Home. Pretty neat what they can do. @ToxicWolf  has the Echo and loves it. Anybody else have one.  ??????

Yeah I have an echo / Alexa . . . use it for music, making lists, setting timers and other things.  Probably don't utilize it as much as I should though . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Racer57

I farm for a living. For several years now my Tractor that does the planting and my Combine both have auto steer. They go in a straight line from point A to point B. Free signal is accurate within 4" and for $650 for 3 months its 1-2" accuracy. 2018 JD will have Combines that will automatically make adjustments  for better quality and there's tractors pulling grain carts that will pull up beside the combine when "called" to allow combine to unload. Tractor then goes back to unload location. Btw, autosteer allows me to work alot more hours because of less fatigue and to watch implements closer. It doesn't make you money, but it saves money.

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Brads70

I guess they need to create artificial intelligence as natural intelligence seems to be in short supply in some places?  :notsure:

HP_Cuda

Looks like our education system is really paying off eh?  :dunno:

Roadman

Quote from: Brads70 on October 29, 2017, 02:27:05 PM
I guess they need to create artificial intelligence as natural intelligence seems to be in short supply in some places?  :notsure:
:iagree:  Man thats the truth.  MOST PLACES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     :alan2cents:

dodj

Bring it on! AI is awesome IMO. I program for a living. I know that machines CANNOT evolve like humans have. The Facebook thing of course is crap.
The important thing to remember in the phrase AI is that it is ARTIFICIAL intelligence. Programmed responses to certain queries. The EVOLUTION of robots is the stuff of science fiction movies....not reality.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Roadman

Quote from: dodj on October 29, 2017, 02:55:16 PM
Bring it on! AI is awesome IMO. I program for a living. I know that machines CANNOT evolve like humans have. The Facebook thing of course is crap.
The important thing to remember in the phrase AI is that it is ARTIFICIAL intelligence. Programmed responses to certain queries. The EVOLUTION of robots is the stuff of science fiction movies....not reality.
Remember I Robot ? What happens when they start communicating among themselves ? Science fiction IS becoming reality. And when robots are taking the jobs away from humans, which is happening rapidly. What then. ?  Just glad I'm not young anymore, I don't what to see how bad this ends up. Just my opinion.

dodj

Quote from: Roadman on October 29, 2017, 03:21:38 PM
Remember I Robot ? What happens when they start communicating among themselves ? Science fiction IS becoming reality. And when robots are taking the jobs away from humans, which is happening rapidly. What then. ?  Just glad I'm not young anymore, I don't what to see how bad this ends up. Just my opinion.
I do remember I robot, but remember that is a movie. At this point, robots are programming that cannot stray outside of pre-programmed responses. No real learning. Only artificial learning. Stuff that is already programmed. No machines becoming sentient. Clever programming can make robots look very intelligent though.
:wave:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

HP_Cuda

Which shows the Turing test by Alan Turing was well beyond his time.

Chryco Psycho