Main Menu

Hellcrate announced

Started by 303 Mopar, October 30, 2017, 06:57:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Quote from: MoparDave on November 27, 2017, 05:39:54 AM
goes with the territory of building that car you have to have. We all know its cost to do what we want to these cars. Build a 528 or 572 hemi and stuff that into a car. Same issues, just different perspective. your into that engine for just 20k+ on a 528. plus all of the other support components needed.

:alan2cents: in the end it is all expensive regardless of an OEM build or a restomod powertrain.

:iagree:  The faster you want to go, the more money it will cost ya. I would already have this Hellcat engine in my Cuda if I didn't do the 392 last year.  :takemymoney:

cashmoneyerick

Does anyone think this engine swap would be okay if I have plans on making my Cuda a daily driver?

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: cashmoneyerick on December 20, 2017, 10:46:25 AM
Does anyone think this engine swap would be okay if I have plans on making my Cuda a daily driver?
This video might answer that for you.
http://www.tflcar.com/2017/08/is-the-dodge-challenger-hellcat-a-good-daily-driver-long-term-update/

HP_Cuda

How tall is that guy in the video?
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on December 20, 2017, 11:08:59 AM
This video might answer that for you.
http://www.tflcar.com/2017/08/is-the-dodge-challenger-hellcat-a-good-daily-driver-long-term-update/

Limiting this information to the engine only and not the Hellcat body as it will be in your ebody the front spoiler curb damage is non existent as are other Hellcat body related problems. Although, an older ebody may bring problems of its own.

CudaMoparRay

HP_Cuda

Guess I'll go sit in one and find out.

:twothumbsup:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Cuda Cody

@cashmoneyerick   that would be a freaking cool daily driver!

cashmoneyerick

I guess there are negatives and positives to it. But I'm young, only 26. so I guess if I can make it happen anytime soon, it would be well worth the fun

GoodysGotaCuda

As long as you can insure it well enough and properly. Id have no problems turning my 'Cuda into a daily with how it is setup today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

303 Mopar

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on December 20, 2017, 11:41:25 AM
As long as you can insure it well enough and properly. Id have no problems turning my 'Cuda into a daily with how it is setup today.

:iagree:  Except I only have a 392 not a Hellcat engine which maybe overkill for a true daily but I would love to give it a try!   :banana:

Chryco Psycho

What would be wrong with a modern engine with a warranty in a older body / daily driver , just makes sense to me  :bigthumb:

cashmoneyerick

Has any member on this forum dropped one of those hellcrate engines into their car?

MoparDave

Quote from: cashmoneyerick on December 26, 2017, 09:44:10 AM
Has any member on this forum dropped one of those hellcrate engines into their car?

I have 3 customers doing 4 of these HELLCrates . NO feed back yet.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

gumby

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 31, 2017, 02:18:20 PM
Done right you should be able to get 700 hp from a big bl;ock for around $12-14k but that can climb if you replace the block which iprobably should be done at that HP level .
he Chev LS would be cheaper  , generally are .

BUT, the HellCat engine is factory assembled, no second guessing, and good gas milage. PLUS a 3 year warranty. NO way you are getting ANY of that on a home build!
Just ain't gonna happen. $15 large for the HELLCAT. Reliable Factory built HP. Good gas milage. (relatively speaking) Can't beat that with a stick. It really is a no brainer, to me.

CHEAP HP! The real cost is upgrading the car to handle all of that HP.

I ate beans and rice for 5 years when I bought my Grand National at 24yo on a $22k per year salary back in 1987. It was worth every penny.
I can do it again, if need be. I need to shed a few pounds anyway! lol.