Main Menu

inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight

Started by FIAARMN, March 28, 2020, 11:26:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FIAARMN

Thanks al

Setting up pick up and delivery, we hope to have the car her within the next 3 weeks or so
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

JS29

FIAARMN

Yes, we are excited to carry on the legacy and to honor the previous owner by giving the car a good home, maintaining it and driving it!   :unitedstates: :driving:
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

gpm6367

Sorry for your loss, but what a legacy! Love the color and 4 spd. Best of luck with an awesome ride.

FIAARMN

Got transport a set up, should have the car on a transport and headed this way sometime around the 22nd

JS29

FIAARMN

Confirmed, car will be picked up and on the transport headed this way on the 21st.....  Should be delivered that Saturday!!!   :burnout:

FIAARMN

Any suggestions on how to get the key out of the ignition? Not sure if it is in upside down or not..... was in the ignition when we got here/ it also appears the car has not been ran for a while... I mean a few years

Chryco Psycho

FIAARMN

On a side note, while we prepare to go back to the property....... found the intake and there are alot of new door panels, interior pieces (appears he was replacing parts). We can not find the center carburetor that was reported to be there.... still looking as there is a lot of boxes. Missing a beauty ring on of the tires and misc parts to the dash.

Also, it appears the car has not been ran in years, One yer  to I don't know how many. Does seem to have fairly new tires, I will have to check the date on them to give me an idea.

Still working on getting info cause when he (uncle) moved to Idaho, there wasn't much communication with family. Will have to see if some friends he made there can provide some information

FIAARMN

Transport arrives at 8am in the morning and will be at my house Friday afternoon.....

FIAARMN

Well, truck came and is on the way. Will actually be at my house Thursday Morning. 

Window I got up, but still need attention,,,,,

I will get some really detailed pictures and condition of the vehicle posted in a few days.. Wil be asking for advise to getting is ready to start up and what to replace prior to doing that. 

FIAARMN

Well, to my Suprise the driver called and said he was 20 hrs early.  Lol

So the car is in my hands and it needs some work and a LOT of TLC.......

Fist thing first, it smelled like piss inside.......  after further inspection, mice droppings every here on the floor. Opened the trunk and its full of parts, droppings and mice urine. I am the type that can't leave aone a issue that bothers me. I took everything out f the trunk, interior floor and started the shop vac. I then lifted the liner in the truck and wet with urine under it.  removed it all and seen 3 mice...... got them trapped and taken care of, removed hte back seat and liner... vacuumed, disinfected what I could, while the seats where out I took the pieces out of the bottom and back rest that was clearly being used for a nest.

Then I washed the entire outside and undercarriage.

Parts in the car:

New window trim
new door trim
new headlight cover - black
new door skins
new back to front seat
new hardware doors
new dash knobs

I found the original sales receipt from the dealer to the owner, bought April 17, 1970 in Vacaville at the Plymouth dealer. Has orginal owners manual and some papers. Original spare tire and other documents I have not gone through yet as it is saturated with mouth urine

Car was for sure painted at some point, there is some over spray on the springs and some bondo on the right fender, close to the front on the bottom. I think Uncle was in the process getting it running. New tires, fluids all look new, green antifreeze, new fan belt and a lot f the lines in the engine bay good. Appears to be a newer oil filter.

Here are some pics of the arrival

car washed
trunk cleaned out
removal of the seats

there was a fm cassette deck wired in the front under dash, two amps under the rear seat and a wired 8-track player in the truck.... word is, he was a music guy and worked at an audio/tv place in the 70;s early 80's

FIAARMN

Like I said, bought in Vacaville at Pigati Chrysler 4/14/1970 

I was able to talk to a friend of Uncles who was his best friend and rode shotgun with him all the time int he car. I learned at one point the original motor was pulled after a rod issue and he thought built up but didn't know if it was replaced because the dealer had a car, with a good 340 and sold it to him in 1973......I will have to run the numbers and see if it was put back in

he says the car was parked in 1989 and re-painted in 1994.....and still sat until , to his knowledge last started in 2003 ran in 2004/2005... then parked, which is the last year it was registered by the sticker on the plate

Cuda Cody

That looks like a fantastic car.  Not much work and she'll be ready to rock and roll!   :burnout: