Main Menu

inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight

Started by FIAARMN, March 28, 2020, 11:26:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Car looks great. You're lucky it's in such good condition.

The neighbors seeing you with a mask on cleaning it:
They think you're being Careful on Covid 19. It's Rat Piss that's worse.   :bricks:

Brads70

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Great car. You'll have a lot of fun with that.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Hopefully the mice haven't got into the headliner. If they have, you'll never get the smell out unless you remove and clean out the headliner too... :alan2cents:

Found this in the last AAR I restored... :o
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

FlatlandTA

Good looking car,nice that you have some history and documentation too. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUNCHARGER

Terrific looking car. The cleaning project is unpleasant but fulfilling at the same time.
Sheldon

JS29

I would pull the heater box,I bet it is packed full from the rodent infestation! You can probably kiss the build sheet goodby. It was more than likely used as bedding.  :crying:   

js27

Nice ride-You got your work cut out for you and some money to spend but you will have a very cool car to enjoy for years to come.
JS27

usraptor

What a nice Cuda. With a little bit or work  :wrenching: you'll have it on the road.   :stayinlane:

FIAARMN

Thanks all

I will be looking at the heater box shortly....... going to spend sometime under it this afternoon and under the dash as well.......

I am not sure how much money i will go after to get it road worthy....

I do know I wi take the carpet and front seats out soon.... get it all cleaned inside.  replace the door panels with the new ones, replace the front window trim that it came with, replace the front passenger side lens cover, put the weather stripping on the doors it came with, clean up and/or remove all the wiring for the stereo stuff in the back, replace the missing dash stff and then work on getting the carbs rebuilt (or finding a center carb)  all fluids and new fuel and filters..... then fire it up!,

Where woud they typically place a build sheet in these things?
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

usraptor

In the springs of the back seat or taped to the glove box liner.  Although they have been found it other places also, but those are the most common.  :bigthumb:

Chryco Psycho

FIAARMN

Quote from: usraptor on April 23, 2020, 04:15:00 PM
In the springs of the back seat or taped to the glove box liner.  Although they have been found it other places also, but those are the most common.  :bigthumb:

Well, its not inthe springs of the rear seat.....Lol

And dang the glove box is out........ lets hope its in the boxes of parts coming......
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

anlauto

It sounds like your uncle was a car guy, working on this Cuda, he likely knew the importance of the broadcast sheet and likely removed it....you should ask his family to keep an eye out for it....it's likely stuck in a file folder, or desk drawer somewhere.... :alan2cents:

How many of us actually keep the originals in the car ?