xx88man

Outstanding! Great work!    :clapping:
Keep yer foot in it

GCragtop

Very nice!
Hydraulic or solid roller?

Tunis

Thank you so much everyone!
@Topcat The springs are 1.550 in diameter. That, among many other things has been a worry of mine since I started ordering parts several years ago. I bought extra long spark plug tubes from Cassel when he was still in business. I think these are 0.25" longer than stock. These and a thicker valve cover gasket will be enough, I hope.

@GCragtop running hydraulic roller. 0.640" lift, 243/252 duration and 113 LSA.

GCragtop

Spring dia is not a problem with OEM valve covers, its the roller rocker. Extra thick gasket and longer tube is the answer, so no worries.

usraptor

"..these rockers are too beautiful to hide under valve covers."  I agree, those are beauties.  Nice job on the pedal assemblies and motor.   :twothumbsup: :clapping: :worship:

usraptor

BTW, depending on what clutch you're going to run, you might want to leave that large return spring off your clutch pedal.  For some reason they have a tendency to sometimes keep the clutch pedal on the floor with a really strong clutch disc.  Don't understand why, they just do.   I know it did on mine and I had to remove the spring.  Works perfect now.

JS29

Quote from: usraptor on January 17, 2020, 11:10:35 AM
BTW, depending on what clutch you're going to run, you might want to leave that large return spring off your clutch pedal.  For some reason they have a tendency to to sometimes keep the clutch pedal on the floor with a really strong clutch disc.  Don't understand why, they just do.   I know it did on mine and I had to remove the spring.  Works perfect now.
I will secant that!!!

Tunis

Thanks for the kind comments everybody! I really appreciate it! :worship:

@JS29 and @usraptor I will try without it. Thank you for that tip and I happily accept more of those! I will run a McLeod RST Twin Disc clutch. I hope it will work for me.

Here is the engine right now before paint, still waiting on that little piece.

I'm using Stage V EFI intake and I bought a throttle linkage from Mancini to go with the Stage V and Mopar marine intake. It needs some persuasion to work with the injector ports and fuel rail...
This was the first modification. I need to extend it and move the cable away from the fuel rails. More details on that to come.

While waiting for the engine piece, I decided to take the steering pump apart to rebuild it.

Some before shots

And all apart.

More to come.

Tunis

So, I finally got some time to paint the engine and I have now moved over to getting the air cleaner setup in the correct location so the shaker bubble sits where it should.

Can someone with a shaker and Hemi please take the height measurement from the china wall to the base plate on the front and rear (if they differ) so that I can modify my base plate to the correct height? As of now it doesn't sit correct and it rides on the fuel rails with no chance

Thank you so much!

RUNCHARGER

That's going to be tough. Always challenging getting a shaker to fit with injection.
Sheldon

GCragtop

If you have any Edelbrock/Carter carbs you an do some test fit to see if baseplate still hit a fuel rails.

Tunis

@GCragtop are all Carter/Edelbrock the same height? Otherwise it will not help me. The only way to know for sure the baseplate sits at stock height, is to measure from the china wall to the baseplate. Then all of the variances in different parts are compensated for. You have a very nice car over there  :) , with the baseplate on the carbs, can you take that measurement? That would at least give me something to have as a reference. Thanks!

GCragtop

Sure I can measure, I´ll let you know later today.

GCragtop

Measured from machined pad to the upper edge of baseplate 180mm. Edelbrocks are 83mm measured to the air cleaner mounting flange. Intake is StageV like yours, baseplate came from FHO.
Hope this helps.

Tunis

@GCragtop That is super! Thank you so much!  :worship: The base plate sits on the same height all the way around correct? So if I take a measurement from valve cover to base plate, it should be the same all around right?