Main Menu

74 Cuda resto Mod/Pro Touring Build.

Started by kjwalters, April 22, 2017, 05:23:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kjwalters

I'm actually starting to dream about wires. This has been my view for days, I just keep telling myself, one wire at a time....LOL. On the upside I am learning a lot and sometimes I even enjoy doing it. However, cant stand trying to figure out how to integrate everything together..it hurts my brain lol. Anyway, I will try to get some more pics soon.
Here is a question for those of you running a Gen 3 HEMI. How did you get a tach feed? from one of the coils?

usraptor

Glad it's you doing that and not me.   :)  I hate electrical.  :clueless:  Nice progress.   :twothumbsup:  Keep us posted.

kjwalters

Managed to get the trunk prop rods in today and working as they should. It's not that hard to modify the original trunk hinges to accept the struts. You just have to do some clearance work on the hinge and drill a holes in to to accept the 10mm Ball mount stud, then just mount the other end to the X bracing in the rear seat area...it's that simple. Here are a couple pics of the end result. The setup works great.

moparcar

How many pound struts did you use? You have a spoiler correct?
Thanks, Wes

Cuda70-74

Nice mod I'll be using that 1.
1969 mustang
1974 cuda turnt into a 71 cuda
1968 charger

kjwalters

Quote from: MoparCar on August 26, 2017, 06:10:47 PM
Thanks, Wes

Hi Wes. I used 60lbs struts and yes I have an AAR spoiler.

soundcontrol

Nice! I'm gonna try that also, never seen it on a convertible.

moparcar

Quote from: kjwalters on August 26, 2017, 07:09:58 PM
Quote from: MoparCar on August 26, 2017, 06:10:47 PM
Thanks, Wes

Hi Wes. I used 60lbs struts and yes I have an AAR spoiler.

Thanks! Wes

kjwalters

Quick Question for anyone that knows their E-Bodies. I wanted to run a 2 speed wiper motor as opposed to a 3 speed motor. Does anyone know a part number or what Wiper motor I should be looking for.  Lastly does the 2 speed wiper motor take up any more room than the 3 speed? I want to get this wiring and installed as soon as I can.
Thank you in advance.

Brads70

Quote from: kjwalters on August 28, 2017, 03:51:31 PM
Quick Question for anyone that knows their E-Bodies. I wanted to run a 2 speed wiper motor as opposed to a 3 speed motor. Does anyone know a part number or what Wiper motor I should be looking for.  Lastly does the 2 speed wiper motor take up any more room than the 3 speed? I want to get this wiring and installed as soon as I can.
Thank you in advance.

Wiring, switch, arms/linkage is different.

kjwalters

Quote from: Brads70 on August 28, 2017, 05:17:20 PM
Thank you in advance.

Wow...o.k Then I will stick with the 3 speed since that's what it came with. I will have it restored and use it since i know ti works. All my wiring is custom any way as is my 3 way LED switch I am using for the wipers. Thank you for the quick response.

soundcontrol

Thank you in advance.

Hmm, didn't know the linkage is different, anyone know how to ID a 2 vs 3 speed linkage? I just bought a linkage with arms for my 73 project, I do have a motor, but will they fit together...

Brads70

Thank you in advance.

I'm no "expert " on that, just what I was told when I considered switching myself.  :alan2cents:

shawge

Passion4Mopars has a lot of documentation about the wipers/linkage combos
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

Roadman

Quote from: shawge on August 29, 2017, 01:39:31 PM
Passion4Mopars has a lot of documentation about the wipers/linkage combos
:iagree:          Kim @Passion4Mopars  is a member.