Inherited Family Owned 1970 AAR - Limelight Build

Started by FIAARMN, April 23, 2020, 05:42:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: FIAARMN on April 25, 2020, 09:42:42 PM
Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 25, 2020, 09:22:50 PM
Quote from: FIAARMN on April 25, 2020, 08:48:02 PM
Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 25, 2020, 08:43:32 PM
Bottom sheet is for your car anyway. I'll bet someone is looking for the top sheet too.

I would love to be able to get that build sheet to someone if they have the original car to it

I just Google searched the VIN, no hits...

What kind of car?   I just found out his brother owned a Red T/A

I found this

https://forum.e-bodies.org/e-body-stuff-found-on-ebay-craigslist-or-anywhere-else/20/ta-motor-on-cl-ob298826/11092/

Your second sheet is also for a Lime Light AAR VIN BS23J0B298820 It has black interior and it's an automatic....

6bblgt

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 25, 2020, 10:58:10 PM
Your second sheet is also for a Lime Light AAR VIN BS23J0B298820 It has black interior and it's an automatic....

actually the extra "FOUND" sheet is from  :rubeyes:  BS23J0B298826 - same as the "FOUND" engine thread linked above

ODD that it was in a WHITE front bucket seat and the sheet is for another "lime-light" AAR with a BLACK bucket seat interior

the AARs were sequential on the assembly line, automatic in front of the OP's AAR & "In Plant/In Process" on Friday April 3, 1970 running EARLY a couple days ahead of "schedule"

FIAARMN

Question about the manifold.......

I washed the engine and noticed that there was a gap in each side on the intake...... this normal (sorry f it is a stupid question)

1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

1 Wild R/T

it's normal &. it doesn't go anywhere so no worries

FIAARMN

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 26, 2020, 09:31:05 PM
it's normal &. it doesn't go anywhere so no worries

Ok thank you, I was kinda sure........

I am going do some work tis week.... try to get the front window trim on, then remove the carpet and seats.......... 
1970 AAR Cuda Limelight Green,White Interior, - Hamtramck Built 36k miles, Verified All Numbers Match - Broadcast Sheet, Warranty Card & Window Sticker!

Shoooter

FIAARMN

FIAARMN

Is it worth cleaning the original carpet or getting a kit?

6bblgt

if the carpet is original, I'd clean it  :alan2cents: very few 50 year old cars out there with presentable original carpet

FIAARMN

1 Wild R/T

Take a better picture of the drivers side inner fender... I'd like to see the battery area... Something looks odd to me...

6bblgt

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on April 27, 2020, 11:34:49 PM
Take a better picture of the drivers side inner fender... I'd like to see the battery area... Something looks odd to me...

:iagree: something happened up front in its past - passenger side inner fender has been replaced & it has 22" radiator core support pieces  :takealook:

6bblgt

did you mention dealer paperwork?  where was it sold new?

anlauto

Be neat to see if it has original carpet, but I somehow doubt that. The car was restored at some point and if they replaced the headliner, then likely the carpet too...I think if you want the stink out of the car....I would install new carpet too. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

wldgtx

Holy crap, what an awesome inheritance.  Seriously, if you had received money, you may not have had the chance to find such a car.  I am in awe of this thread... seriously awesome.

Sorry for your loss, but Congrats on the car, I am seriously jealous!
1968 Hemi GTX, 4 spd, RR1
1970 Challenger RT/SE, FC7 - FC7RTSE
1987 Buick Grand National