Main Menu

My AAR project

Started by 6Pack70, November 06, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

6Pack70

Some axle pics.    Brand new Sure Grip unit and bearings from Dr. Diff.  Also, his crush sleeve eliminator kit, new Timken tapered axle bearings, new inner and outer seals, 11 inch brakes, drums...  everything new.  Amazingly, the original 3:91 ring and pinion were in excellent condition so they were reused.   :burnout:

6Pack70

Few more

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

Thank you.... cant wait to get the body back soon from paint and do some assembling while the snow is flying outside.  Hoping to have it back home before Christmas. 

Shoooter

wow great car. lots of AAR cars being restored right now!

GCragtop

6Pack70

Thanks guys :) :)   Here's some pics of the front suspension.  Not everything is tightened up yet. 

6Pack70

More

HEMICUDA

It's amazing, with all the information available and help from others, what the average person can do to this level of detail on their own.   As an "average Joe" you're making the other "expert" restorer look like an armature, good job Eddie, you can work at my shop any day.

6Pack70

more

anlauto

This will be a nice car when it comes together  :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

Thanks :)  I'll keep posting up some pics of different things that I completed until the body is painted and home. 

6Pack70

This is the close ratio, 833 that came with my AAR.  Pad is blank on it.  Likely a replacement trans in the car's early days.  Trans was in excellent condition inside and only bearings and seals were replaced.  I also saved the original shifter levers and replaced them with the later 2 hole versions for a slightly shorter throw.  Garage art hanging on the wall lol

xx88man

Quote from: 6Pack70 on November 06, 2018, 04:16:34 PM
Thanks guys.... much appreciated.   Also, thank you  Mike Ross for all your tech help.   Things are very tricky during the paint and body stages and Mike has been a great help in keeping me from making more than a few errors now that will cost me later.    Thanks man  :ohyeah:

I would love to hear what the potential "errors" are....many of us can't afford to make mistakes that would have to be redone.   :thinking:

By the way you are doing beautiful work!!
Keep yer foot in it