Main Menu

My AAR project

Started by 6Pack70, November 06, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Slotts

Quote from: 6Pack70 on November 07, 2018, 09:42:58 PM
Thanks Jim at J.S. Restorations, for rebuilding and re-plating my original blower motor. 

You're welcome Eddie. Beautiful work on the heater box. It looks awesome!  :bravo:

Quote from: HEMICUDA on November 20, 2018, 09:48:20 AM
...need a job?

I agree Mike. You should do some cherry picking with Eddie.  :tool:

Quote from: anlauto on November 20, 2018, 09:20:47 AM
It's what you can't see inside the harness that is scary....the copper is 48 years old remember. New harnesses is just good insurance. :alan2cents:

:thinking: If that's true with copper being 48 years old Eddie, I guess you should toss your restored heater box motor and I should just toss these 70 Charger concealed headlight door motors, in the trash can.  :haha: :rofl:

Jim
Be careful. Don't get caught drinking the Kool-Aid or believing the hype.

6Pack70

Thanks for the kind words guys :)   I'm finding that many parts on my AAR are one year only....1970.  What's the difference in fuse boxes from 1970 to 71-73?    :huh:

Crocha617

The 70 fuse block is different then the 71-73. I believe it might be the horn relay area???

CudaMoparRay

This has become for me a journey in E-body anatomy and physiology by a Doctor of Mopar. Congratulations!  :bigthumb:

6Pack70

Quote from: Slotts on November 20, 2018, 12:27:09 PM
Quote from: 6Pack70 on November 07, 2018, 09:42:58 PM
Thanks Jim at J.S. Restorations, for rebuilding and re-plating my original blower motor. 

You're welcome Eddie. Beautiful work on the heater box. It looks awesome!  :bravo:

Quote from: HEMICUDA on November 20, 2018, 09:48:20 AM
...need a job?

I agree Mike. You should do some cherry picking with Eddie.  :tool:

Quote from: anlauto on November 20, 2018, 09:20:47 AM
It's what you can't see inside the harness that is scary....the copper is 48 years old remember. New harnesses is just good insurance. :alan2cents:

:thinking: If that's true with copper being 48 years old Eddie, I guess you should toss your restored heater box motor and I should just toss these 70 Charger concealed headlight door motors, in the trash can.  :haha: :rofl:

Jim
No tossing those little gems in the trash.....not when you're able to breathe a new life into them Jim.  Many thanks again buddy.  Incredible workmanship!       

Eddie

anlauto

YES...the M&H main dash harness uses a 71-74 style fuse block with the main difference being in the horn relay area as mentioned. YearOne supplies a horn relay that "will work" . If you have patience you can carefully unclip the wires and switch them over to your old fuse block. I believe it's only the inside half that is different.  :thinking:

I don't think it's necessary Jim to throw out the headlight and blower motors because of the 48 year old copper windings inside of them, but it's certainly a good idea to open up and inspect them during the restoration of the motor as you've pictured. :twothumbsup:

I had a customer supply "restored" harnesses done by a company here in Canada.....what a nightmare...they had more wires crossed up then were correct.... :pullinghair: and basically it was still 48 year old stuff with the dust wiped off :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6Pack70

Excellent!   I believe I have a  mint original 70 fuse block setup that I could switch the wires to.  Keeping my Cuda's original harness together for reference should help me make sure all the wires are transferred correctly.   :bigthumb:

Ns1aar

There is a repo 70 only fuse  block out there Evans wiring had them

MOPAR MITCH

Wow... T/Anks for the huge effort showing your work.. a true labor of love!  My hat tips to you!

6Pack70

Thank you for the helpful tips guys.  I'm gonna do my best to keep this thread going and pass along how I do things and the products I use.  There have been many of you guys that have helped me and you don't even know it.   I believe posting how you do things inspires many enthusiasts and may take the fear out of doing things yourself and possibly even discovering ways to do it better.   Dozens of my own questions have been answered simply by reading many of your posts.   I like returning the favor and sharing how I do things.    :worship:.        Eddie

RUNCHARGER

Yes: Nice work and you will help lots of people with their projects.
Sheldon

anlauto

...and it goes round and round...  :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Gary

Nice work.  Does anyone know if the stripe on the clutch spring on his pedal assembly is the same green color on a 69 B body. B bodys have a different spring, so I'm guessing it's a different color, anyone know what it would be.

6Pack70

Thanks Gary  :)   Not too sure on the color stripe for the b body cars. 

Finished painting the dash frame, glove box door and ash tray today.   :banana:  I cheated a little and left the original clips in place and put a small piece of Gorilla tape on each one.  I will also sand some other areas in order to maintain good grounding.  I very lightly glass beaded the frame, glove box and ash tray, then used Sems black Self- Etch primer on them.  Baked in the oven at 95 f for 45 minutes.  Then very very lightly misted Rustoleum fine textured black on everything.  Just an even mist from 2 feet away.  Waited 1 hour, then misted 4 even coats of Sems Trim Black from about 15 to 20 inches away.  Sata Minijet gun. 40psi. Fluid needle choked off just a tiny amount.  Back in the oven for 1.5 hours at 100 f.   Came out pretty nice. 

RUNCHARGER

That texture looks great.
Sheldon